Update on son

Helpless29

My last post , I mentioned how my son left Teen Challenge, I was upset but he did get himself into a sober living house in Daytona. We have been talking everyday & he has been nice ,nothing like our last call. So far , he has been doing good , he has a sponsor , attends his AA meetings everyday , which is one of the rules there you have to attend but he says he like them. He also has been to church with a few of the other men. Today he starts a new job . It was suppose to be in the warehouse but they seen a lot of potential in him & offered him a job in the office doing some data entry . He is very excited & happy. I pray this continues.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Good luck and I also hope that for your son.

My son was in many rehabs and sober livings in Florida. They called it the "Florida Shuffle" at that time. None of them helped him long term but I do think that each and every program and sober person he met placed positive thoughts and experiences in him that slowly helped him change his thinking which ultimately led him to the right path.

I do also hope and pray that happens for your son. I have very fond memories of a lot of the program directors and house managers that I met during that time. They really did care deeply for the guys and wanted them to be successful.

LauraH

My last post , I mentioned how my son left Teen Challenge, I was upset but he did get himself into a sober living house in Daytona. We have been talking everyday & he has been nice ,nothing like our last call. So far , he has been doing good , he has a sponsor , attends his AA meetings everyday , which is one of the rules there you have to attend but he says he like them. He also has been to church with a few of the other men. Today he starts a new job . It was suppose to be in the warehouse but they seen a lot of potential in him & offered him a job in the office doing some data entry . He is very excited & happy. I pray this continues.
I'm very happy to hear this. You and your son have been on my mind. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a happy successful outcome for you both.