UPDATE on STAR

trinityroyal

Still praying also. Crabby is good. Being dragged through an elevator shaft just post surgery is appalling (and also many other words that would not get past the board censors).

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad he is 'up' to crabby, but OMG, the elevator? Stuck him in a wheelchair? I soooooooooo wish I could go and help out and be an advocate for him. So often you need a full time person with you to make sure they treat you right! I think that elevator fiasco is unforgivable. He just had surgery and what damage did this do to him??????

I really hope that Star is keeping good notes and can get a good atty to sue this hospital and the doctor and the doctor who put the hardware in and the co that made it and the co that sterilized it, etc.......

Star, just do what you can. Know we are here for you and you are always in our thoughts and prayers. ((((((((((HUGS))))))))) for all of you!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I texted her and sent love and hugs... She responded with love, too. I think she knows we're all praying & pretzeling & chicken dancing!

buddy

Sounds terrible .....but I hope he continues to improve. If they took out all of the hardware meant to repair things how will he recover though, I feel so bad for him.......

Hugs Star, hope you feel our energy.

Marguerite

Hugs, Star and DF. Here's hoping he continues to improve. Keep a diary on all the koi that goes on, you can write a book later. Vent your spleen on it and make money at the same time...

It's summer heatwave here, so consider chicken dance in the raw done. Although it will probably scare the simps... next door neighbour has Alzheimer's, he either won't believe his own eyes, won't remember or nobody will believe him anyway.

Full moon coming up - hmmm, now which chicken will I chop for the task? Or would a frozen plastic-wrapped one do? I don't think they pack the giblets inside any more...

Marg

trinityroyal

Keeping you and DF in my thoughts and prayers. Still WAY too cold to do the nekkid chicken liver dance, but I will do the Batman Footie Pyjamas chicken liver dance,

I agree with Marg. With your gift for storytelling, a book could certainly come out of this misadventure.

busywend

Sending more healing vibes and support your way, Star! I hope DF continues to improve....and update us on your mom, too when you can!

TerryJ2

OMG, I'd be crabby, too, if my kidneys had shut down, I'd just had surgery, and I got stuck in an elevator for an hr and a half! And then stuck in a wheelchair.
Star, I hope you have the energy to file a complaint one of these days. That's awful!

I'm flinging fairy dust and healthy vibes and a good night's sleep your way.

jal

Star,

I am way beyond late to respond to this due to some serious issues in my own life...but please know I had read and continue to read and hold you and DF in my thoughts even when I'm not on here...I am praying for you both...

DammitJanet

Im down myself so cant make phone calls. Will do another when I can talk without it hurting me. I dont text well. Too old...lol. When I do text, I use the voice to text method...lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well look at this family.......I step away for like------a month? And ya'll fall apart. :sissyfight: Life's funny that way isn't it????? Doesn't seem to matter if you're there.....or here......or there......life keeps going. THe reality of that is .....well it just makes you seem so small in all of it, and yet when you're in it? You're SUCH a big piece of the puzzle. Very bizzare.

DF's not any better......he's going to be there at least through the end of this week perhaps longer.

The social worker told him if he doesn't find a ride to dialysis and the ability to pay for the on going medications at home------oh well. His exact words to her were "So if I can't pay I croak" and her exact words were "I guess so". REALLLLLY is this your professional opinion or were you just having a bad, horrible, lously social worker day and let come out of your mouth whatever you wanted to? OH.......by the way honey......there were witnesses to your sarcastic, venomous attitude.

His kidneys are not coming back around as promised. It's not good........and he's scared. Me too. Just trying to remain positive.

THanks so much for keeping us still in your prayers and thoughts. -
Hugs and Love -
Element 74

InsaneCdn

Don't you have a Kidney Foundation or equivalent down there?
Here... they have volunteers that will drive you to dialysis, if that's what it takes...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yes, Star, things do fall apart when one of beloved family is in danger or crisis or need. Sending you continued prayers and healing juju to DF.

Isnt he eligible or already on Medicaid? And because he's eligible, doesn't that also entitle him to transportation for medical appts? I seem to remember years ago when the girls and I were on Medicaid, transportation to dr appts, labs, etc., we're covered via taxi. I guess it depends on where you live and I'm not up to date with all the changes in federal or state funded programs, but this sounds like absolute bs.

Not that you want to or have the energy to, but have you or will you report this SW to the hospital? Her attitude and words were inappropriate. Her JOB is to provide resources and answers for those patients in need. She should be pulling out all the stops to ensure that DF is medically treated and that the expenses are secondary to his recovery. on the other hand, if his prognosis is bleak, then an honest discussion about preparing for that is in order. Iow, it's not supposed to be all about the money!
Hugs...

TerryJ2

Argh. Nothing like a heartless SW to add to the mess.
I'm with Insane. I get phonecalls to contribue money all the time and it's got to be going *somewhere*. There's got to be a place that will help him out.
I'd be scared, too. I'm sorry.

I had to look up Element 74. Tungsten? You're as strong as steel, I assume. :)