update

AliceLee

Hi everyone---have had trouble logging in for some reason, but will give this a shot.

difficult child paid us a visit Sunday afternoon. She has been living with boyfriend and his mother. They are not staying in the apartment because they didn't pay their power bill and can't affort to get it reconnected. I'm assuming that eviction proceedings are taking place now, because I'm pretty sure they didn't have enough money to pay another month's rent.

She was very pleasant and didn't ask for any money. She did ask if we would take her puppy for a week or so, and I agreed to do so.

She said that boyfriend was taking "anger management" and "alcohol awareness" classes. Better than nothing, I suppose, but I'm not optimistic that he'll stop hitting her.

She says she will start her new job on March 15. She still doesn't have a phone, which drives me BONKERS!

We had a really nice time together Sunday and even played a game of Scrabble. I'm just trying hard to let her know that she is loved and to keep communication open.

I've done pretty well with detaching over the last few days, but today has been hard----my mind tends to imagine the worst that COULD be happening.

everywoman

Alice Lee, I'm glad you had a good day with difficult child. Sometimes all we can do is let them know we love them even if we don't support their decisions. Hopefully keeping the lines of communication open will allow you to help her when she is ready for help.

Somedays it is harder to detach from their issues. I know that this weekend it was difficult for me. But we must remember that they are in control of their lives. It's kind of like watching a sporting event---you can yell or cheer, it really makes no difference in the way the players play---

A big hug for you today while you are feeling down.

KFld

I'm glad you had a good day with her. hey, you never know, maybe the anger management classes will help the boyfriend. They can't hurt!!
Glad you are doing better with detatching. Keep on doing for you and remember she has to learn to do this for herself.

Jen

It is hard to keep our opinions the feelings we have are from experiences we have had, or read about.
Can remember not wanting to hear any ideas my parents of course none I can think of would have serious consequences.
It is good there is that open communication, but I can see the phone factor here.
Prayers and safety her way, and peace of mind your way from here.

Jen