Using hallucinogens to treat PTSD/autism/TRE

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SmittyBoy, Apr 22, 2018.

1. DadInProgress

DadInProgress Member

Does anyone have knowledge of this? Or participates/know someone who has participated in a study?

I have been seeing so much information in medical journals about the effectiveness of lsd and pscilocybn in treating many mental/emotional disorders. Even offering the blind some experience with visual sensation.

I know it's been used in therapeutic treatment for soldiers and other trauma victims.

Any knowledge would be appreciated?

2. DadInProgress

DadInProgress Member

Also curious if anyone has tried electro stimulation for any disorders? If it was successful.

3. ForeverSpring

ForeverSpring Well-Known Member

OMG. That stuff caused many of my friends to literally lose their minds and need long term hospitalization. One girl tried to kill herself because she felt like a ghost and couldn't take how she felt. She was already in the hospital and a housekeeper left out some bleach. She almost died. Her dad was a lawyer so it didn't go well for the hospital. This was LSD.

I heard of ketamine being used for some things but I would never put anyone on something that screws with your mind to the point of psychosis. May as well use ECT. Some people claim good results from ECT but I wouldn't use it.

Of course it is up to you but you are not even sure what is wrong with your daughter yet. I have heard better things about EMDR and tapping. Have you looked into that? Are you certain what is wrong

Good luck!!!

4. DadInProgress

DadInProgress Member

This isn’t for my daughter. I would never risk that. More just a question about new treatments and where the science is going...I thought water cooler was for non parenting topics.

5. ForeverSpring

ForeverSpring Well-Known Member

It is but thought it sounded like a parenting question. Sorry

I wouldn't use a hallucegenic on anyone. Grew up during LSD times and nothing good came of it that I saw

6. DadInProgress

DadInProgress Member

Yeah this is purely curiousity that came from researching PTSD treatments. It is surprising so I wanted to know more. Pot gave me my first panic attack and I never touched anything again.