Vandalism court case finally over

Nancy

We had the pretrial in the criminal trespassing and damaging case with the druggie that difficult child lived with last winter. He agreed to pay full restitution to us and was put in the diversion program. He has to undergo drug and anger management counseling, have random drug testing, pay restitution and court costs, be on probation and have no further contact with us.

I am so happy to finally close the chapter on this family and their interference in our lives. I can't tell you how peaceful it is to go to bed at night and not be awoken in the middle of the night by a terrorizing bang. And best of all his family has to admit he has a drug problem.

Nancy

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad it is over for you. Oddly, it may come to pass in the distant future that he realizes that you have done him a HUGE service by pressing charges and getting him into that program - it could be something that helps him turn hs life around. Probably not, but if he is smart he will use this to turn himself around. AND it is over for you, which is the most important part!

Nancy

Mstang he watched the video at the police station and that's what convinced him to stop denying it was him.

Susiestar I thought about that but the program is only three months long and you and I both know that's not nearly long enough to help an addict, especially one on heroin. But I am hoping that maybe it's a first step. Not that I care about him but I don't want him to pollute anyone else.

Nancy