visit with new psychiatrist update

crazymama30

Went really well. She is very thorough.....while we like old psychiatrist, he was not nearly this thorough. She asked difficult child many questions and he seemed to do really well.

He lost his temper a little bit, which was good as she got to see a tiny glimpse of what we deal with at home.

She cracked me up, when difficult child was not in the room she called him a pistol. I told her what she saw was nothing. She agreed.

We are going to increase the abilify and I am supposed to call her next week. Other than paying out of pocket, I really like her. I will have to get used to paying out of pocket.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Can you submit the bill to your insurance for reimbursement? That's what I have to do with our psychiatrist bills since he does not accept insurance either.

I hope the abilify helps him. Fingers crossed!

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm glad the appointment went well. I've been impressed with her based on what you've told me since the first time you met her, so I'm really happy to hear how well this appointment went.

I hope the medication increase works - and quickly.

crazymama30

I don't think the medication increase will work really, but I need to let her do what she thinks will work. He has been on higher doses before and started the current issues while on 12mg of abilify daily. She is going from 7mg to 10mg.

We had cut the abilify as old psychiatrist wanted to do a test the old psychiatrist wanted but new psychiatrist would not find it useful. really his behavior did not change much when off the abilify. We will see. I am supposed to call her next week and check in.

crazymama30

oops, sorry, need to update his medications. He is now on 40mg of vyvanse. yes it seems to be working. This is more than adhd anger.

M

ML

I'm so glad the appointment went well and that you like her. Thanks for the report!

DDD

I'm happy for you. Walking out the door after the first meeting with the right psychiatrist is an awesome feeling...the dread disappears and hope appears again. Yeah! DDD