We have Covid

Deni D

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
Staff member
I have to make a comment about masks. They are a strategic tool to reduce risk and spread. I sometimes feel frustrated when people use the word, "work".
Dazed, I didn't mean to insinuate people should not use a mask. I hope you didn't take it that way. I'm in the state with the highest death rate per capita when this first started, and we continue to hold that record currently. I put a mask on whenever I'm in public, and even outside at my home if someone who I don't normally see comes here, like my mailman or a delivery person. I do it for them, that's how I feel it, for them, because they should not have to have multiple interactions with unmasked people in general. I haven't eaten in a restaurant since we all became aware of COVID. It makes absolutely no sense to me that people should mask up walking to a table and going to the rest room, but sit there maskless with masked servers less protected from their customers, so I just won't do it.

And Nandina, on people wearing them incorrectly, drives me crazy. I get away from those people as quickly as I can. I've stopped going to one local store in particular because I've seen it multiple times by two of the people working there. I figure if people are going to do this, then do it right for crying out loud.

I loosened up a bit since the spring but I'm back to sanitizing anything delivered here now too, and all groceries I pick up. We are not in bad shape like we were in March and April but with so much community spread it's how I protect myself.

I admit I have a bit of PTSD from the days of what happened with my next door neighbor and in general when people around here were told stay home, no doctor would see them, were refused even testing because we didn't have enough in the state, and told don't show up at the hospital unless they couldn't breath at all. We knew the numbers were much higher and not known back then. Typical doctors visits by the summer around here included antibody tests to see if people were experiencing long terms effects of COVID.