We shall not be able to live with janet

klmno

seriously.... I had a short visit with difficult child and suggested he root for the colts (as I would be doing) because he really isn't into sports but got to use his points to watch the game with some other guys and have popcorn and snacks. He told me "no, the saints are better mom, I'm going to root for them".

That kid can make a liar out of me under almmost any circumstances. I just don't get it. LOL!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I of course, pulled for the colts. Closest to a donkey don'cha know. :tongue: And I lost a bloody dollar. Shoulda known. A colt is NO DONKEY.

muttmeister

I figured the Colts would win so I was pleasantly surprised when the Saints pulled it out. Guess I should have bet somebody but I was too chicken.

Didn't think the commercials were up to par this year... what did y'all think?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nope commercials were just bad. The one about casual days...oh please. I go to work like that every day. :surprise:

Andy

difficult child was so upset with the Saints and Vikings game that he rooted for the Colts today. When the Saints won, he told me it was o.k. because they won fair and square this time - no dirty playing like they did with the Vikings. (remember, this is a 13 yr old's outlook on the game - I am staying out of it! :) LOL!)

Regardless of the outcome, I am just glad my son didn't go to bed broken hearted like he did two weeks ago!

Oh, and the commercials seem to be going down hill as each year passes. Who ever comes up with them just doesn't understand the concept of "Clever". We don't want to see stupid and ridiculous. With so much money into them, they should be clever with a "that was cool" aspect. There were some cute ones - I always love the Budweiser Clydsedale ones. The Volkswagen "hit" home since difficult child is into that these days, Polamula's Day and Old Farve 2010 MVP and Snickers were also good.

Last edited:

flutterby

Fly away!
It was a sad, sad game. And the commercials were horrible. The only one I liked was the Dorito's commercial where the dog put his bark collar on the guy and kept zapping him. hehehehehehehe

DammitJanet

Oh Yeah! How bout Dem Saints!

The Who Dat Nation gets to party down in NO this week...lol.

I was so thrilled for the Saints, the City of NO, and especially Drew Breeze. Did anyone catch the shot of him and his little boy? Oh it was so touching. What a cutie.

As far as the ads? Well, there were a few I liked. I loved the Budweiser one. Fences cant keep friends away...how cute is that? LOL. I hated the Monster.com one. The innuendo about searching for beaver was tacky. Of course, maybe Im the only one who thought about that...lol.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Not a big follower of sports in general....but I thought that was a GREAT game - right to the end!

I'm so excited that the Saints won it! Good for them -

Commercials - I think they hoovered big time!

witzend

We missed most of it, but I was glad that the Saints won. End of the first half, I thought they were out-classed.

The Big Easy is going to be par-tay time!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Coolest comment I heard this morning on the radio?

"Wasn't it nice to finally have a Superbowl game where you didn't really mind which team won, you just got together with friends, had a good time and when the Saints won everyone just said "Boy isn't that GREAT for the people of Louisiana - they sure could a boost .

klmno

Yeah- that was the good part of it. I wanted the Colts to win but if they had to lose, the Saints sure were deserving of something good to happen.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
husband rooted for the Colts simply because, as he put it, "I have heard people rooting for the Saints because they 'deserve' it after Katrina."

I rooted for the Saints because, in my opinion, they deserved it. Katrina be darned.

I was thrilled. Actually understood what was going on thanks to Jett's football. When they challenged the "no good" on the 2-point conversion that put them at 24/17, I was hoping the refs would look at it again - because the ball was across the line till he got tripped over.

But I know some people would argue that. He came down with the ball in hand. Almost lost it but managed to hang on.

Unfortunately I was on the phone with sister in law when they intercepted and scored that last TD. That one I got to watch on instant replay. And the poor Colts - at 1:16 in 4th they tried. They just couldn't get past those Saints. I don't know what it's called in the NFL, but our boys would take a knee at that point.

DammitJanet

Step...your getting pretty good at your football knowledge! Im impressed.

When the Saints challenged the ruling on the field that the man wasnt in, they had to take another look. Thankfully due to all the fantastic camera angles we have nowadays they can normally get pretty good looks at things. Sometimes not, but normally its good. They can go in really tight and slow the action down to miliseconds. What could have been dicey in that play is that not only did he have to cross the plain of the end zone (just touch the white line) but he also had to maintain possession and control of the ball all the way to the ground. Control means he doesnt bobble it at all.

If the ground or another player causes the ball to come loose, oh well, its not a catch. Touchy situation there.

At the end with the 1:16 left, Saints had the ball, Colts had driven it with 4th down and handed it to the Saints. They couldnt stop them with time outs so with the time remaining and considering that 4 25 second plays is more than 1:16 seconds...that means the game is over.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
What could have been dicey in that play is that not only did he have to cross the plain of the end zone (just touch the white line) but he also had to maintain possession and control of the ball all the way to the ground. Control means he doesnt bobble it at all.

If the ground or another player causes the ball to come loose, oh well, its not a catch. Touchy situation there.

But IF a Colt had grabbed that ball while it was bobbling--it would have been ruled an interception...which, in my humble opinion, should also mean that it was NOT a catch because he lost it before hitting the ground.

However, since the Colts lost by more than those two controversial points, it's a moot point.

Good game...

although I am disappointed that the Colts lost.

--DaisyFace

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip

At the end with the 1:16 left, Saints had the ball, Colts had driven it with 4th down and handed it to the Saints. They couldnt stop them with time outs so with the time remaining and considering that 4 25 second plays is more than 1:16 seconds...that means the game is over.

Well, actually he was on the ground with the ball and had crossed the line, then fell back across... Just rolling. Pretty impressive sideways somersault in my opinion! But that's my point of view.

And yeah, the Colts had that 4th down and tried to get - what was it, 2 yards? - but they just couldn't get past the Saints. Just couldn't do it. Valiant try though! I think they finally gave in at :44 left when the ball turned over.

Though ... I was disappointed in Manning's attitude. Did anyone else see what looked like him throwing his helmet at the ref? Obviously the ref didn't!

Yeah, I'm getting better... Thanks to Jett. First question this morning when I woke him - "Who won? Did the Saints win?"

DammitJanet

He better not have thrown his helmet. Surely not. He is too good of a player for that. It would also be a huge fine. Im sure he has much better control of himself than that. Some players maybe not...a Manning? I think Archie would beat them...lol.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well... He did throw it on the ground. Which is maybe why no one said anything. Just... the ground happened to be in the direction of a ref...

Whatever happened to the Joe Montanas and Tony Dorsetts?????

DammitJanet

Joe Montana retired from the Kansas City Chiefs on April 18, 1995. Montana's replacement with the Chiefs was his former backup in San Francisco, Steve Bono. Montana resides in Thousand Oaks, CA. He placed his $49 million, 500 acre Napa Valley estate on sale in 2009.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Montana#cite_note-37 He now owns horses and produces wine under the label Montagia. He has 4 kids.

Not too sure where Tony Dorsett is these days other than that he hosts a Golf tournament every year. He also has a son who played in the NFL up until 2003.

Of course, we all know where Emmit Smith has been...Dancing with the Stars!