Week 1 of a Healthier You - How was Your Week?

LittleDudesMom

Wow!

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start!

Sue C., making those little changes in your eating habits AND making your yearly appointmennts is definately for a healthier you!!

Beth, sounds like you are making you a priority. Getting out of the elastic waist pants is scary..... good for you!

Heather, you know, if there are days you can't do, I think that's ok. Becomming a healthier you is all about YOU. You know what you can and cannot handle. Listening to your body and doing when you can and not overdoing when you can't is taking care of you. Congrats on the great start.

Sharon, I tried that elliptical machine at the gym once and did it for about 60 seconds - think I got up to 5.9????!!!!!

Great beginning everyone. Keep it up. Remember to come here for suppport if you find yourself slipping or stumbling.

Sharon

ck1

Well...nothing great to report. Though I am going to join the Spark site that's been mentioned. I went to it planning to join but then one of my little ones districted me and, well, I still need to get back to it. Other than that, I've been conscious of what I'm eating and I think I'm snacking less (not finishing my kids food), so that should help. I'm still struggling with the motivation. BUT, I'll keep coming to this forum and see how all of you are doing so great...maybe that will get me into it!

by the way, Star, the LC pizzas are my favorite! I have one for lunch probably 2 or 3 days per week. The spinach mushroom one is my favorite and I think they are all little less expensive at Walmart, at least around here.

Penta

I was away all week visiting family and ate crazily...but my clothes still fit!

A few years ago I lost alot of weight by basically sticking to a sensible eating plan, cutting out pastas, breads, and chips and making sure to eat 5 servings of fruit and veggies daily plus drink a great deal of water. I never weighed myself, but knew I was losing when my clothes started to become too big. I went down 3 sizes and had to give all my clothing away and buy new. I'm not small by any means, but can go into a store and buy clothing in regular misses sizes and feel good about myself.

Now if I can just rid myself of the stomach I have gained as I approach my 64th birthday! I think I need more exercise than my walking and swimming to have flat tummy :smile:

PersonalEnigma

Well, I didn't really do anything on the first week - I went away for a few days and didn't watch what I ate or anything. I did get some exercise - I went swimming once (not for long - took little easy child in for her first "swim" though) and went skiing (well - went down the hill once - it started to thunder storm and they closed the slopes). Starting this coming week I plan to keep track of what I eat and hopefully start making some better eating choices... My goal is to lose 10-15lb by some time this summer.

SRL

I'm not off to as good of a start as I'd hoped. I know there's a gigantic step looming ahead of me. I'm starting to think that I've seen food as a comfort--always there, never argues, nearly always satisfies. I know what I need to do to eat right, I just need to DO IT but it's so darn hard.

I do have some positives to report this week though:
This past week has been one of increased awareness--I've been paying close attention to where/when/and how I've been eating and what needs to change.

I bought a bathroom scale today. Ours broke a year or so ago and not replacing it meant not facing facts.

I need to find a PCP to address my blood pressure. I've been asking around and made a call today--still waiting to hear from the first one.