What I am thankful for

toughlovin

Hi Everyone,

So I thought I would wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.... and even though today I am pretty worried about my son there are many things I am thankful for and so I thought today I would also thing about those things. So I am thankful that...

My son is still alive...
My son is in a program that works with him even in relapse.... and that I know they keep in touch with him so I at least know if the worst happens someone will get in touch with me.
I have a great husband and we are together in this.
I have a daughter who is doing well who I am close to...
I have some wonderful supportive friends
I have a great supportive parents alanon group
I have found interests in my life that I enjoy and keep me going and enjoying life.
Even though as it turns out neither of my kids are able to be with us today my neice and her boyfriend are here and we are having a very nice time relaxing and cooking and enjoying the day.

And I am thankful for this group.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

TL

Copabanana

Dear TL

I feel for you, your worrying about your son. I appreciate your modeling for me, the choice to focus upon thanks, despite worries and sadness.

I am thankful that my son seems to be choosing to help himself in the way that he can right now. I know that he is working at least a little bit.

I am thankful that my son has a good friend that never turns away from him.

I am thankful that many of the people that my son touches care about him and do not turn away.

I am sad I am not with my son today, but I am thankful that I was able to set a boundary that I did not want him to come home. I wanted to meet him where he is to go out to eat, but he spurned this invitation and has not responded to several texts. I am thankful that I am able to stay strong, and to focus on my love for him. I am thankful that I can see this as self-definition on his part, and a healthy thing. I am able to feel as positive his setting a boundary. And for that I give thanks.

I am thankful that I keep turning towards new interests that sustain me and reach to develop new strengths as I face painful and worrying new challenges.

I am thankful that I seek support from people who can help me when I feel needy and overwhelmed and over my head.

I am thankful that I am in conversation with my partner so that we can both become stronger and better people.

I am thankful for my animals that are a constant solace and give my life meaning.

I am thankful for my health.

I am thankful for my mother and grandparents that are gone (and for my sister with whom I have no contact) and that I am able to feel their love for me and my love for them.

I am thankful for my faith that sustains me and inspires me.

I am thankful for a worldview that propels me to keep digging deeper to know myself and be better.

I am thankful that I have this forum. I am thankful for each of you.

BusynMember

I will join in.

I am thankful for my family of choice and their constant love and that they let me love them back unconditonally.

I am grateful that Bart
trusts me and loves me and that I love him back and dont reject him.

I am very grateful to all of my animals, here and in spirit.

I am grateful for my spirit world family who truly loved me, my grandmother, Dad and Sister Maryellyn. I send them and even those who didnt love me my love and light. And forgiveness.

I am grateful for the lessons that my brother and sister taught me and that I can feel love for them.

I am grateful I had the guts to make the very hard decision to go No Contact. This decision was done with deep thought and I fudged it many times. It is not easy to do but sometimes necessary. It is for the best....for me.

I am grateful for my luck in finding such an amazing partner and best friend in my husband T. It is rare these days I think to marry the love of your life.

I am grateful that I like myself now...lol. i went from hating me to really liking/loving who I turned out to be.

I am grateful for any abundance, for God, for my angels and my spirit guide.

I am grateful for being able to live this life in which I grew so much and learned so much. Thanks to all! This was done with help.

I am grateful to have found this forum way back when Fran was in charge and am grateful I am still here with all you wonderful people who helped me with my kids when I desperately needed support and to those who helped me more than therapy over my FOO. Hugs to all.

Special shoutout to Copa (hugs)

Thanksgiving starts soon here. Happy Turkey Day to you too!

Last edited:

Copabanana

That was beautiful SWOT. Thank you TL.

I will add to my list: I am thankful beyond measure that my son texted me today to tell me he loved me and was sorry he had not written. And I am thankful that he will go with his friend H tonight to a Thanksgiving party, and I am thankful that H promised he would not drink and drive or if he drank would take Uber. I am thankful for Uber and Lfyt.

Tired out

I am thankful for all of you.
I am thankful that even though most people want to hide from problems that the people on this board have chosen to post their problems with their children and try to help other get through the difficult and sometime heartbreaking actions of these "kids".
I am thankful to know I am not alone in this journey.
I am thankful for my family and my friends.
I am thankful for kittens because they are better than any drug or drink.
Hugs and love to you all.

Copabanana

Dear Tired:

I just now noticed your adorable kitten. I have never seen one cuter. What a precious Doll who looks so pretty in pale pink. What idiot (I mean mistaken person) would not have wanted her?

Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Smithmom

I am thankful that I have 3 sons. There were years when I didn't think I would ever have children.

I am thankful that two of them were here today.

I am thankful that all 3 are strong and healthy.

I am thankful for an income that gives me a safe, comfortable place to live and way to keep my children near.

I am thankful to be alive.