What kind of coffee maker do you have or do you drive k something else?

Pink Elephant

Great conversation starter, SOT! :)

We have an old electric coffee maker, but haven't used it in ages. I much prefer percolated coffee, so the percolator is what we always use. One thing I find about our old electric drip coffee maker, is that the coffee is really never that hot, or at least it doesn't stay hot, whereas with the percolator it's piping hot. There's also a huge flavour difference (to me) when I drink percolated coffee. Coffee tastes more robust.

Gosh, all this coffee talk has me thinking about cigarettes.

BusynMember

I love HOT coffee. My dream is to own a Bunn coffee maker. Lol my spelcheck made it say Bunny coffeemaker! I will probably never buy an old perculater. I don't think I could find one lol.

And I won't buy a Bunny coffee maker either. The bunnies don't need coffee...lol.

AppleCori

I love HOT coffee. My dream is to own a Bunn coffee maker. Lol my spelcheck made it say Bunny coffeemaker! I will probably never buy an old perculater. I don't think I could find one lol.

And I won't buy a Bunny coffee maker either. The bunnies don't need coffee...lol.

You can find anything on amazon.....

Probably even a bunny coffee maker, but I don’t know if they would like it. Mine like vegetables and grass. And teasing my dogs.

AppleCori

Great conversation starter, SOT! :)

We have an old electric coffee maker, but haven't used it in ages. I much prefer percolated coffee, so the percolator is what we always use. One thing I find about our old electric drip coffee maker, is that the coffee is really never that hot, or at least it doesn't stay hot, whereas with the percolator it's piping hot. There's also a huge flavour difference (to me) when I drink percolated coffee. Coffee tastes more robust.

Gosh, all this coffee talk has me thinking about cigarettes.

I hope you don’t go back to smoking, Pink.

My hubby started back up recently, and I am sad....

Lil

My dream is to own a Bunn coffee maker.

I had one a million years ago...a full pot of coffee in seconds. LOVED it. BUT, it would dry up when I was at work because I didn't make a pot on weekdays. So I finally took it to work and donated it to the office, which every one loved, but then it would boil dry on long holiday weekends. :(

Now that Jabber and I make at least one pot every week day and two every weekend day or holiday, it would be nice. Still, the timer on our Mr. Coffee makes sure it's ready when we get up, and is 5 or 10 minutes really too long to wait for the second pot?

Some people would say yes.

We have a percolator for camping. I wish it had the clear knob on top so you can see the coffee color, but it doesn't. We used to use a French press for camping - I have an insulated, unbreakable one - but Jabber didn't think it made enough. This last camping trip the folks we camped with had a camping drip coffeemaker. Basically, you just poured boiling water in the top and it dripped through to the bottom. When the top was empty, the pot was full.

Pink Elephant

I hope you don’t go back to smoking, Pink.

My hubby started back up recently, and I am sad....
Not a chance, SOT, I'm done with ciggies, but just thinking of how well one went with the other, I just couldn't pass on mentioning it.

Such a shame about your husband starting up again.

KTMom91

No coffee...iced tea. Freshly brewed, half regular and half Constant Comment, consumed all day, every day.

My Starbucks order...trenta black iced tea, no sweetener, no water, light ice. If they had a larger size, I'd be getting that one instead.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I had a Keurig that I loved, but I love the new one I got even more - it is a Cuisinart the uses k-cups.

I have the refillable ones, and I get the dark roast from IKEA. Cheap AND good. A half dash of salt per cup makes it so smooth. Caramel creamer - just a touch.

Nomad

Staff member
keurig/k cups

HOWEVER, we were just talking about this. I want the kind that has a large pot for when you have company. PLUS the single cup maker using a k cup. Two in one. Like a combo set.
Does anyone have one like this they could recommend? Thanks.

BusynMember

I had one like that once, Nomad. It was very cool. Forget the brand.

After it broke I went back to a regular coffee maker because I didnt use the single cups that much.