What we as parents need and don't need

I thought this would be important, as I know that there are experiences that we've all had that have failed to acknowledge and support us in times of trials. I think that this is important in view of the orginal idea that came about ---- writing a book that would be able to be handed over to our family members that don't understand what we're going through.
smile.gif

moonglow

Yea it would be really nice if friends and family stopped telling us to spank our kids, or being rougher, firmer, put your foot down, ect. ect. ect. I hate the critizum from people that then really give you no idea about what to do, or they tell you outrageous stuff that either you have already tried, or knowing your child would only make things worse. I could go on and on but difficult child just came in and you know how it goes...

------------------
Julie with son named Nathan which mean a gift from God. Some gifts are hard one. Possible new life form, in therapy now to figure out why he does the odd things he does. Good thing he is so cute. Motto: There is light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to find the right tunnel.
Nathan my difficult child, no medications. Will be four in December.
Me, mom on 20 mg on Prozac. 38yrs old, an older mom but don't seem to be any wiser.
DEX: totally insane but thinks everyone esle is.
Wish some space alien's would come get him and take him back to their planet.

What we need is guidance. We need someone to show us a pathway and walk it with us in support. A phone number to call and say we are lost help us find the way.