What would your philosophy, mission statement be -my school project..

horserider

I'm in some medical classes and have to create a brochure about a medical clinic I would open, if I could.... I told the teacher mine would definetly be a mental health clinic for children and adolescents.

I have to come up with a philosophy/mission statement and goals, like
"Every child deserves a chance" I'm kind of stuck on that one but wonder if anyone wants to contribute a thought? My brain is on overload with my son in jjc.
Thanks
horserider

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Immediately, what sprang into my mind was something along the lines of...

"core values of integrity, understanding, and maintaining our patient's dignity"

I think that so many adolescents have a difficult time maintaining their dignity while undergoing any type of mental health evaulation and treatment, whether by the hands of their loved ones or by the professionals who are supposed to be helping them, as well as those they come into infrequent contact such as receptionists, medical staffers, billing agents, etc.

Cool project~

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Helping children to be children and not a diagnosis.

That is a perfect one. Our kids are soooooooo much more than their dxes. And far too often people can't see past the diagnosis to see the true child standing there. Or they focus on the behaviors of the diagnosis......

Let's see..............

How about :

Every child with mental illness has the right to be treated with respect, dignity, and understanding. That although they have a mental illness they are more than the sum of their behaviors, they are children with the right to have as normal a childhood as possible.

horserider

Just wanted to thank you for your responses, I completed my brochure tonight. Respect, dignity and understanding.....I borrowed these words, hope you don't mind. Very powerful messages, from parents who know.

I will also tell my difficult child when I go to visit him tomorrow thoughts that he deserves in his treatment. At nearly 17, he has lost his dignity I believe.
So sad, but true

Thanks again

klmno

I can't think of good wording but something about a healthy mind being more important than anything is popping into my head. This is a great idea, by the way!

Ooops....I just realized I'm too late anyway!

nvts

I know you finished, but how about "We'll ACTUALLY return your calls!"

Truly more fact than fiction! ;)

I always thought I'd open an after school program and my logo would be

"We put the "FUN" back in disfunction!"

Hope you got an "A" in the class!

Beth