What's for Dinner?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
What have we been eating for dinner around here? Anything extra tasty... any great things to help with boring nights???

I made an awesome: Tomato flatbread with goat cheese last night. The girls loved it also, no sauce it was a lo-cal recipe.

(I can post the recipe if anyone wants it)
We had it with a Spinach and strawberry salad. I put walnuts and top it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar!

The night before I made Meatball subs with pre-made meatballs from Trader Joes- and their Pizza Sauce with a 1/2 slice of light provolone and a Really nice fat Roll!
They were so good!!!
I made a fruit salad with those with non-fat plain yogurt and drizzled with a bit of honey.
This was for my late apt night and quick meal...

Tonight it is Apricot glazed grilled Chicken

We eat between 5-6 because K is on a very strict schedule... she is set now and why mess with it? So if we have apts late I have to have quick things!
But healthy for her.

and salad.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Dang, you're makin' my mouth water!

Guess it's too late to get there for dinner tonight. What's on the menu for TOMORROW? :p

tiredmommy

Wish we were at your place, totoro. husband "cooked" tonight:

Banquet frozen chicken
Idahoan re-hydrated mashed potatoes
Birds Eye frozen green beans with-tossed almonds

klmno

Yeah, I laughed about it, too. Then I realized that I have sat here and had a couple of beers and am now debating between a can of soup or running thru Taco Bell's drive-thru because I don't want to go to a buffet alone. LOL! I got off schedule with grocery shopping and ran out of "real food" after dinner last night.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Taco SMELL! (As we are known to call it...) That's husband's FAV! Too bad he's on a diet... :p

I think the tacos would go better with the beer than soup would...

Fran

Former desparate mom
How about WW Smart Choice 3 cheese pasta. Not to exciting but no dishes. No one is home so no cooking.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
BK pork sandwich with mustard mayo and onion eaten sitting in my car staring at the river trying to not be annoyed with the world. Which means its good I didn't just eat chocolate for dinner.

beth

flutterby

Fly away!
Turkey and cheese lunchable...after 2 hours at the grocery store cause we ran into a friend who talks and talks and talks and talks. By the time we got home and got the groceries put away, my blood sugar tanked and I didn't have time to cook anything. I needed to eat!

smallworld

We had salmon baked with teriyaki sauce, jasmine rice and fruit salad. Two out of my three kids eat salmon so we did well tonight.

KTMom91

Hubby went out with a friend for a beer...don't know if he's having dinner. Miss KT reheated some leftover mac n cheese, and just took off to get some ice cream. I ate some deviled eggs, two Nutri Grain blackberry bars, and will have a Snickers when Miss KT brings one back. Nutrition is not a factor at our house tonight.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I did something I don't think I've ever done for supper. It was a long day, I arrived home around 7:00 and hadn't eaten dinner but didn't want to miss my workout so husband and I went to our workout. Then I came home and popped hot butter popcorn for dinner at 9:00 at night! Drank a Coke with it! Luckily I had lots of ww points left and the popcorn was delicious just nothing I want to get into a habit of doing!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I didn't want to cook but it is one of my few joys in life left at times... it gets me away from the kids for a few moments... longer if I am making something fancy!
husband is so good about entertaining the kids when I am cooking.
I will let the kids help a lot of times, but like tonight when K is going bonkers, then it is "Mommy is making something fancy" ;) ;)

It really is a break for me. I even don't mind doing the dishes, I have the bird feeder outside the window and I can space out.

KLMNO now a beer is sounding good! When I get the girls to bed. Which is in a few minutes after they are done watching this last Pee-Wee episode! LOL

GCV we call it Taco Smell also. LOL
That was K's treat in Idaho when she realized she loved burritos, when we were driving home from one of her long psychiatrist apts.

goldenguru

I threw some leftover beef in the crockpot. Added some barley, veggies and broth. Was supposed to be beef barley soup. It was terrible. Pitched the whole thing in the sink. But, the sourdough bread and wine was good. :)

SRL

I was set to make a homemade pizza when I discovered some chicken chimichanga filling in the freezer that needed to be used up. We didn't care for it much the first time around so I doctored it up and it was better.

trinityroyal

I had Thai takeout: Basil tofu, pineapple rice and ginger broccoli
I felt both lazy AND in need of a good pigout.

Don't know what husband and Little easy child had for dinner. I ate the Thai food in the car on my way home from work.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I made a Teriyaki Stir Fry with fresh Asian noodles and tofu, and homemade egg rolls. Egg rolls take a LONG time to make, but they're well worth it. Toss in lots of fresh veggies...carrots, water chestnuts, baby corn, mushrooms, etc...yum.

Abbey