When it Rains!

dstc_99

Dear Lord I completely forgot that I agreed to dog sit for another military family who got orders for Australia and can't take their dog until all his quarantine/shots/yada yada yada are done. It should take around 4 months to get him good to go.

So now I will have my two heathens, the grand puppy who is too young to be neutered, and a full size labrador who isn't neutered in a tiny back yard!

PS: I can never remember spay/neuter the grand puppy is a girl and the lab is a boy! ARGH

I may just move out and run away for a few months. I hear its a lovely time of year for backpacking in the Pacific North West

pasajes4

I have plenty of stuff to keep the ticks, bears, and mosquitos at bay. I am an expert camper and a heck of an outdoor chef.

pasajes4

I have the tent. It sleeps 10 comfortably. I also have an outdoor shower and toilet. We could stay gone for months. Who needs responsibility and city living.

pasajes4

I think we will need additional horses for our personal use. Since the Brits left the union, we will follow suit. I suggest that we design our own flag and a catchy name for our little corner of the earth.

so ready to live

Additional horses are good. Just the design thoughts on that new flag send my mind reeling. Power? Strength over heartache and headache? Warrior sisters in battle garb with great big hearts? ...

Lil

Oh! Can Jabber and I come? He can do the heavy lifting and I'm pretty good at camp cooking myself. We used to do (and really want to get back into) medieval reenactment, so we have a 13x18 medieval pavilion. Once you've slept in one of those, you never go back to modern tents...it's like a vacation house! Of course, that may be because we camp with real beds and tables and chairs. But we have a tripod and spit and dutch oven...tons of camp cooking equipment!

And the Pacific Northwest is my favorite place on earth! :)

KTMom91

I would love to join you...but I do not camp. I do not sleep in dirt or poop behind trees. I'll stay at the Best Western, and anyone who wants to use the shower or pool can come over.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'd like to come along. I've done quite a bit of medieval style camping (SCA), as well as a lot of horse camping. Can handle a pack string without problem, or IC and I can handle a team if needed.

I'm also a pretty good camp cook, especially when it comes to fish and game, though someone else will have to bring and make coffee as I don't drink the stuff and have been told many times, that I am incapable of making a decent pot of coffee.

IC, I'll bring enough British tea for both of us and a properly fire proof kettle.

Regarding food. If we make camp near suitable water, I'm a good fisherman and excellent fish cook as well. I love most game and know how to prepare and cook it, but physical issues prevent me from hunting my own these days.

If someone else wants to procure dinner, I'll be happy to process and prepare it; provided someone can help with hoiking large game about and sawing/chopping through bones. (I'll tell you where to saw/hack)

Lil

Yep. He can kill it, we can cook it. :)

@KTMom91 SCA (medieval) camping gives you beds and other types of real furniture. No air conditioning though and we can't stop the bugs. lol

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Lil, dunno if they are still around, but husband and I were Dark Horde. I slept with my horse a few times at events where I'd brought her along to do mounted archery or fighting demos. We didn't sleep in pavillions, some of us who could afford it and had vehicles that could transport them, had yurts, but the bulk of us slept in lean-tos etc.

This was back in the mid/late 70s. The SCA was quite a bit different back then.

Lil

Not sure if Dark Horde are still around...they aren't around here at all but may still show up at Pennsic.

@Jabberwockey do you know?

It's a heck of a lot of fun, no matter how you do it.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I was at Pennsic 4 (I think it was 4, it was a damned long time ago) and it was a zoo) It was a lot of fun, but it got too free-wheeling with drugs and drink and underage sex, and husband and I felt like we were tiptoeing through a minefield trying to avoid not getting caught up in that, and trying to be sure we did or condoned nothing that could be even potentially harmful to children.