Where do I search for drugs and other contraband?

Me again,

I was told yesterday by Skeeters case manager that she has told him, she has a stash of drugs in my house. He told me he could not say anymore due to confidentiality. But he would be scared if he were me.

We have torn up her room. Looked in all the obvious places and came up pretty much empty handed.

Today we will search the linnen closet. That is going to be a job. It is a mess. Well at least it could use a good cleaning.

I guess our next step is looking at the basement. Boy, I tell you all this will be a JOB! It is a mess down there.

Please let me know if you all have any ideas.
This is just not a question I can go around asking just anyone.

Thanks bunches,
Naina

in the air vents
behind and under drawers
inside a lamp base
just inside the attic entrance
in a flower pot
inside a pillow
under a dresser or nightstand
underwear drawer
inside box of feminine products
inside shoes
old jacket pockets/lining
in the rafters
on top of support beams
inside an old coffee can

WOW, this list can go on forever. Let me know if you've exhausted this one and I'll keep plugging away on ideas.

Managed to find a lovely stash in between the mattress. It's amazing how when these behaviours take over your life, the way things start to pile up. LOL
eek.gif

Linda

------------------
me 41, nurse
SO wonderful support
easy child 21 new mom
difficult child 14 ballerina
easy child son 11 hockey player
easy child daughter 8 ballerina
Thunder, lab 14 yrs senile
Marley, lab 7 years the diagnosis is still out on him

addie

Trying to remember my favourite hiding places ... in my case it was Lady Chatterley's Lover (does that date me or what??) It was between the mattress and the box spring.
I know you will get lots of help on here from others, to both your posts, but have you also posted on Struggling Teens? Might be an idea to tap that source of resources too.
Might be an idea to check any outside places - shed, garage, or if none of those, some nearby structure/planks/stones.
Underneath potted plants, in the pot?
Toilet cistern?
Good hunting ... hope you find them, or perhaps she will get to a point where she wants to tell you, since she has checked herself in. When you see her, maybe she will tell.

------------------
Adoptive/therapeutic foster mom, supportive husband
3 adoptees: 14 yo m, easy child, intermittent ADD, Ritalin as required; 12 yo f difficult child, ODD, MID, sp.ed.,Risperidal & Dexadrine; 10 yo f difficult child-wanna-be with opp.def.beh; Adopted at 4, 4 and 2.
1 foster: 13 yo f, ADD, MID, sp.ed, Dexadrine.
3 teen boys who call this 'home' when they need one.
3 dogs, 4 cats, all help with therapy.
"Tomorrow is another day."

paula

call the Drug enforcement team over at your local PD and ask if you can schedule one of their dogs to come out for a sniff.

If they can't do this they may still be able to give you some suggestions on where to look.

Paula

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Having had to stand by while the police did this in my sons room (thank goodness they didn't find anything - i have regular room search rules anyway) take out the drawers to the bureau and look in each empty drawer and underneath - was told they tape the stuff to the tops of things.

Look in the clothes which have pockets, any purses, under the matress..

Thats all I can come up with

Marcie

------------------
Me - 50 definately stressed-now joined the ranks of the medicated 20 Mg Paxil)
SO Sydney-disabled & still doesn't understand clockwork of difficult child but is at least making an attempt
difficult child Danny -16 Years has severe ADHD, ODD, Possible CD& depression. Currently on Dexadrine & Wellbutrin-Currently in camp
easy child Jamie 18, diagnosed with ADD but wants nothing to do with labels, diagnosis, medications or his difficult child brother
easy child Brandie 30,finally ending her marriage from a major difficult child, one grandson Nathan.
STBX Martin - takes being an English excentric to new levels -hasen't got a clue
-----------------

Sometimes the only difference between our house and the titanic is that they had an orchestra....

Look under the bottom of the box springs. they cut holes in the bottom of them and throw the drugs up into the corners of the box springs. Taped under stuff. Look up over the tops of cabinets-in bathrooms and kitchen- and tall furniture. In the very backs of closets that no one ever gets into.
In the garage-inside stuff-behind the refridgerator and other big appliances.

------------------
*Please add in my humble opinion to this message-this is my humble opinion
*I'm as much an expert and an authority as you are
*difficult child-M-11-ADHD/ODD
*Don't ask your kids to do things you can't.
*Teach your kids to do things-like think.

Inside a piggy bank
Inside the computer case
shoes
trashcan
taped to the underside of a bathroom sink
birdhouse
where does she seem to spend a lot of time?
top of the fan blades to a ceiling fan
battery box for a walkman
anyplace there is an inch of space!!

kris

suitcases that don't get used often
behind headboard
behind dressers or hutches
boxes of anything, empty or not

calling in the dogs might not be a bad idea. she's in rehab so they shouldn't bother her. good luck. ~~~~~~kris

------------------
me-48 at home mom with diabetes, retinopathy, severe peripheral neuropathy, early stage diabetic kidney disease, hypertension
husband - active alcoholic and difficult child himself
difficult child - depression (zoloft 25mgs), in ED class this year. starting mainstreamed into gifted science second marking period, mainstreaming into gifted math and honors english in new year, so much better i hardly recognize him
easy child - 11 my beautiful ballerina tried gifted program and hated it, back in advanced placement and much happier!
currently residing in the Orlando area and loving it!!

watch out for the light at the end of the tunnel, it's probably an oncoming train!!!

sometimes you're the pigeon and sometimes you're the statue!

In the hem of drapes

In speakers

Cleaning products-empty containers

Inside toilet tanks

Behind base boards

Behind the dividers in a filing cabinet

Inside curtain rods

In chandeliers

Taped under the housing of the tv

Inside doors (especially if they kicked holes in them)

Inside electrical wall plate covers

I think we have about exhausted it!

Ila

------------------
Ila - 40 never-mind, Faith, hope, love, these three things abide. The greatest of these is love
Giuseppe -husband - 51, hot headed, short fused Italian married to me for 28+ yrs.
Dominic - son 26 yo Hyper/easy child pride & joy, techie type person- good son /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Melissa Joy - difficult child 18,ADHD, ODD, CD, SAD,on 40mgs Paxil, Registerd in Youth Worker Program /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Dominique, (M's baby)3 yo Grandma's Precious Blessing from God!
Val - easy child(?) - sometimes cleverly disguised as difficult child, but she keeps trying! /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The sweetest fragrance is released when the flower petals are crushed.
God is good all the time.