Who eats metamucil??

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I used to take a glass of metamucil every morning about 15 minutes before my breakfast and in doing that alone, I was able to drop 6 pounds in two weeks. When I added light exercise, a brisk walk 4 times a week and basic healthy eating habits, I lost more. I used the metamucil in conjunction with a WW plan that worked for me and I lost a total of 16 lbs in 3 months.

Today, I am back on the metamucil and within 3/4 days all the bloating I've been experiencing since before Christmas will go away and I will feel better. Then I expect that I will notice a weight loss (whether it's just water weight or not, I don't care)!!

Anyone else incorporate metamucil or psyllium husks into their daily diet? It's very good for regularity, your heart and cholesterol. Plus, it helps me breeze through my mornings feeling fuller so I snack less.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It does in a round about way. I drink a glass 15 minutes before I eat a meal, predominantly breakfast and dinner. It is FILLED with healthy fiber so it's benefits are threefold: It helps me feel fuller so I eat less; it helps keep things moving along down there, ahem; and the high healthy fiber content is good for your heart and cholesterol.

My DR and WW leader recommended it. I did it most of last year and I am convinced that's why I didn't gain more weight because I wasn't eating healthy the second half of the year.

Then just around late Sept/Oct when the you-know-what hit the fan with difficult child, I stopped drinking it and then we had birthdays and then were getting ready for the holidays and I wasn't eating right and not taking the metamucil and have been feeling very bloated and blocked, lethargic, tired but never well rested, etc.

So, I'm back on it again and I can't wait to start feeling better. When I was taking it regularly, I felt lighter, I slept better because I was more regular and the overall sluggishness went away. I seemed to choose healthier foods and wanted to keep that light feeling going.

TerryJ2

I use it.
It will also help your cholesterol level a smidgen.
I have irritable bowel syndrome, so that's primarily what I use it for, but it does help with-water wt.

by the way, for anyone who hasn't tried it, do not drink it within 45 min. of taking any vitamins or medications, as it will clump together and :censored2: them all out of you. If you want to see how it works, just stir a cpl teaspoonfuls in a glass of water and let it sit for a few min. That's pretty much what it does inside of you.

susiestar

Roll With It
My roomie in college took metamucil. She mixed it with Orange Crush.

Jessie was put on Benefiber for a short time, and I tried it. It really is TASTELESS. It adds no taste or grittiness to what you mix it in. That was my problem with metamucil. Couldn't stand the texture.

Dosing of Benefiber is strange. A normal dose of the tablet form is 3 tabs 3 times a day. But the loose fiber is 2 teaspoons 3 times a day. The pills are hippopotamus size pills with sharp edges. Jess said they hurt going down her throat, like they scratched, so I tried. They do have a sharp edge where the molds meet.

We like the loose fiber so much more.

I am learning more and more about fiber these days. I did not know it could help in weight loss, but it makes sense.

Yippee!! Another fairly no-stress tool to lose weight!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I haven't ever done that but I get so much fiber in my day I'm not sure what it would do to my system. husband has used it though, in fact I think he is still using it.

Fiber in your daily eating is extremely important and most people don't get near enough. I believe the recommended amount is about 30 grams of fiber a day.

Star*

call 911........call 911
What if you are regular - will it make you um....irregular

And to second sue c's question - does it make you loose weight?