Wiz Funny - NOT Meant to Upset Anyone

susiestar

Roll With It
I saw Wiz earlier today at the store. As he left me at my car, he almost made me spit water all over the car. He didn't tell me to "Have a Happy Easter!"

He told me to "Have a Happy Zombie Jesus Day!"

I grew up Catholic and that NEVER occurred to any of us. Which rather surprises me, considering I went to 6 years of Catholic school.

I wonder why this never occurred to us?

Nomad

Staff member
I suppose it was meant to be silly/ funny, but if you are religious, a church goer or if this is your personal belief...it seems unkind and disrespectful to me. If he felt confident that it wouldn’t bother you , then I guess it’s not a big deal (that he said this to you).

But, as a rule of thumb, it’s usually not wise to make jokes about someone’s faith. What is funny to one person, might be very upsetting to another.

Lil

My kid said that more than once to us. I didn't mind, as it was joking and we're big Walking Dead fans.

Our son claims to be an atheist. Maybe he really is or maybe he's just searching. I told him long ago that as long as he were respectful, as in no making fun of others for being believers, that was his choice.

As a total side note I read a short horror story once about Lazarus that had a zombie theme. Can't remember the name or author though. It was pretty good - mostly he was annoyed at having been risen and then left as a zombie.

Copabanana

I think it is hilarious. At first I did not get it. It felt sacriligious. But then? Audacious. Brilliant. But I am not a Christian. As long as it is within the family, what is the harm?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I was trying to explain why we celebrate Easter to Rose last night, and I realized that it did, indeed, sound like Christ was a zombie... Fortunately she didn't seem to make the connection.