Worst movies ever or movies you didn't like that everyone else did

BusynMember

I'm going to say I'm very creative and compassionate (best qualities).

I've seen too many bad movies to think which one was the worst. I think "Natural Born Killers" is way up there. I just wanted to leave. It made me sick. And now we hear about some killers who say they got their ideas from this movie. Not blaming t he movie, but it just isn't my kind of movie. If I had been alone, I'd have left.

Another movie I really thought was horrible that almost everyone loved was "Forrest Gump." Can't tell you how horrible I thought it was. Tom Hanks was a good actor in it and to me that was it. I thought the rest of it was just plain....awful. And I was from the Nam times so it isn't that. Except for my brother, who isn't one bit like me at all, I don't know anyone else who didn't love that movie.

SuZir

I'm good at forgetting bad movies; and even better at not watching them more than five first minutes. So very few really bad movies come to mind.

Titanic was one of those. It felt so extremely calculated that I really couldn't get into it even though I was at the theatre with girlfriends who loved it and couldn't leave.

Two more recent bad movies I have seen in full are first of the Hobbits (about two hours of running around, I suspect that at one point they actual just looped they same scene from the bridge falling while characters run on it and showed it us like ten times just shot from slightly different angle) and the last of the Hobbits (over two hours of battle scene, if there was more than ten minutes of something, that was not battle, I'm surprised.) I haven't seen the middle part, so I'm not sure, what they do on that: sit and talk to make some of that running and fighting to make some sense? And I even really do like the book!

BusynMember

Suzir, I'm not into the Hobbits so I'm sure I'd have felt the same about the movies.

I can't believe I also forgot I disliked Titanic. In fact, it makes me fall asleep. My daughter begged me to watch it with her three times and each time I ended up snoring on the sofa. She gave up.

Californiablonde

Midwest Mom I agree with you. I think Forrest Gump sucked! I can't for the life of me see how so many people raved about it and it won the academy award. I am glad I'm not the only one who couldn't stand that movie.

Lil

I'm not a movie hater. There are very few that I end saying, "That sucked."

But I walked out of "The Spirit". I don't think it was one that tons of people loved...but it is one of VERY few I've walked out on. Another was Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter. Now before you say, "Well of course it would suck, it's Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter." (lol) Remember that I generally LIKE weird vampire and aliens and fantasy movies and I'd read the book and LOVED it. It was really well written. You'd almost think it was a biography...except for, you know, the vampires. But the movie was beyond stupid, over-the-top action.

Now, of movies that other people actually LIKE that I hate...The Blair Witch Project. I don't know why anyone ever thought that was a "real" movie. Also Saw. I actually didn't hate it, until the end. (Spoiler Alert) NO ONE can lay on a floor for hours and hours and then just pop up and walk out the room without so much as a groan or a limp, much less an aged cancer patient, I don't care how freaking crazy they are!

dstc_99

I don't remember names well but I cant stand movies that are completely unrealistic. I don't mind when an unrealistic/fantasy type movie is unrealistic but I feel like they are supposed to be. What I hate is when someone gets beaten for an hour then gets up and runs away. OH heck no they should have been dead 30 minutes ago. No one could have survived that.

I know its silly since movies aren't normally meant to be "realistic." I just cant turn my logical brain off and forget that if someone had that happen to them they would most likely have died. Oh and wait now it is going to happen again and again and again. Seriously!

BusynMember

I admit I never heard of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, but I sure LMAO at the name. The things they come up with.

I did get to see "The Interview" at my daughter's house (SO found it somehow) and I see why North Koreans are mad, or atl east the government (I think if the N. Korean people could see it, they'd secretly snigger). I did find many funny moments in it and admit I couldn't help laughing, although I would not call it a high quality movie.

What movies scared you the most? Why not? We're doing movies. I saw "Play Misty for Me" on a high school date so most of you won't remember it. However, it scared me so much I had nightmares about it for weeks yet I made my date take me back twice and each time I noticed more things that scared me more. After seeing that, Fatal Attraction was just medium-scary to me. I get scared if a movie has unexpected stuff happening to the protagonist. I don't get scared at the supernatural, although I do believe the supernatural exists. I guess I just don't think people write ghosts and the like very scary.

Movie I laughed at more than any other move I can remember (I kid you not) was the first time I saw "Elf." Yes, I know. Nobody but me and the people watching it with me thought it was THAT funny, but I was laughing so hard I was crying. Will Ferrell is quite a good comic in all his movies.

Let your movie love/laugh/dislike flow! Why not? :)

Lil

I admit I never heard of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, but I sure LMAO at the name. The things they come up with.

It was written by the same author that wrote, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". :D

The movie that scared me the most I put on the other thread...Prince of Darkness. Without spoiling it in case anyone wants to see is, I'll just say that it has things going in and out of mirrors. Then I went to bed...my bed with a big, mirrored headboard. I lay there in the dark terrified and finally had to reach up and FORCE myself to touch it before I could sleep.

Another was The Mothman Prophecies.

It's a little embarrassing, but I'm afraid of the dark. But only outside really. So...a creature in the dark that's a harbinger of evil? Yeah...not really good for me.

Actually, the thing that has scared me the most has been a book. Specifically The Amityville Horror. I haven't seen the movie because the book scared me so bad. I read it at about 16 and slept with my light on for weeks. I was easily 25 before I could look out of a window at night. I kept my blinds down for fear of seeing little pig eyes looking in at me. Scared the poop out of me.

Last edited:

Lil

One of the funniest I've seen is a little known movie called Fan Boys. It's awesome. It's about these four guys that are die-hard Star Wars fans. One is dying and Episode 1 is about to come out. He won't live to see the premier so they decide to break into Skywalker Ranch and steal the movie so he can see it. Fantastic. If you can find it, I highly recommend it.

BusynMember

Actually, the thing that has scared me the most has been a book. Specifically The Amityville Horror. I haven't seen the movie because the book scared me so bad. I read it at about 16 and slept with my light on for weeks. I was easily 25 before I could look out of a window at night. I kept my blinds down for fear of seeing little pig eyes looking in at me. Scared the poop out of me.
I was married to my first husband when I read this book and he was not an affectionate or nurturing man. Even so, it scared me so much I read it as I followed him around the house because it scared me so much. He was annoyed, but I was so busy reading I didn't care. Really a spooky book!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Loved "Play Misty for Me"!

I never liked the Star Wars movies even though they are wildly popular. I also had no interest in seeing any of the Lord of the Ring movies-so really can't judge them but just not the kind I like (I do like fantasy though-loved the entire Harry Potter series).

"LA Story" was a movie I hated-it was out years ago-early 90s I'm guessing and it was suppose to be funny and I didn't think it was at all.

I'm not sure which movie scared me the most. "The Conjuring" was very scary as was "The Exorcist". I am fairly easily scared during a movie but they usually don't stay with me. Although I remember after seeing "Halloween" I checked the top and bottom of the car we were riding in.

MWM-I loved "Elf" too and it is a regular on our must see Christmas movies!

Kathy813

Staff member
Lil, I loved that book (Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer), too. I wasn't sure what it was about when I started reading it and was very pleasantly surprised. I haven't see the movie, though.

I think the worst movie I can remember seeing was Chariots of Fire. We went to see it with another couple and none of us liked it. Then it won an Academy Award for best picture of the year. Go figure.

~Kathy

BusynMember

One of the funniest I've seen is a little known movie called Fan Boys. It's awesome. It's about these four guys that are die-hard Star Wars fans. One is dying and Episode 1 is about to come out. He won't live to see the premier so they decide to break into Skywalker Ranch and steal the movie so he can see it. Fantastic. If you can find it, I highly recommend it.
Wow, Lil. Unless he doesn't die, it actually sounds...a bit sad????

BusynMember

I'm not sure which movie scared me the most. "The Conjuring" was very scary as was "The Exorcist". I am fairly easily scared during a movie but they usually don't stay with me. Although I remember after seeing "Halloween" I checked the top and bottom of the car we were riding in.
MWM-I loved "Elf" too and it is a regular on our must see Christmas movies!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! It's not just me. Yes, we never miss "Elf" for Christmas!!!

Also, I heard about the Exorcist and people fainting in the aisles from fear so I was afraid to see it, but I finally did. HOnestly, I wasn't scared at all. Maybe it's because I just don't believe in people being possessed? I know I almost gagged seeing that kid puke though!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! (I am VERY hard to scare).

In spite of not getting scared by the supernatural often, a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away,w hen I was probably ten, I watched "Rosemary's Baby" and it freaked me out to no end. I need to watch it again and see why. I also saw a movie probably nobody remembers called "The Other" about a twin who took on his twin's identity after he died and he was the "good" twin, but as the movie went on you realized this good twin was killing everyone. As you watched at first you thought maybe the first twin was still alive and the other twin was remembering how his brother killed people, but it was him and this one made me feel really weird inside and affected me A LOT. I remember their names were Holland (dead twin) and Niles and that Niles grandma went along with Niles thinking Holland was alive...and it was just a totally freaky movie...and a book!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I saw "Play Misty for Me"
That is a scary movie but love seeing Clint Eastwood looking so young.

I love Elf too. I am not fan of Will Ferrel but that role was made for him.

Not a fan of horror movies but I do remember seeing Tremors, it was about giant worm like creatures, now that was a bad movie.

The most recent movie I've seen that really left an impression on me was 12 years a slave, great movie!!

OK, all this movie talk now I'm hungry for popcorn:tongue:

Lil

I like horror and action movies that don't take themselves too seriously. I think that's why I like the Avenger's movies and Thor and movies like that. (I swear...it's not Chris Hemsworth...not at all. :916blusher:)

I actually like Tremors...for the same reason. It's not great cinema, but it's amusing enough.

BusynMember

(I swear...it's not Chris Hemsworth...not at all. :916blusher:)
I believe you ;)

I love horror movies, if they can scare me. I am especially vulnerable to psychological thrillers/horror. I saw one that totally freaked me out where ten freinds, who all had the same birthdays, turned out to be the same serial killer (and his MPD). I can't remember the name, but again it gave me the creeps, and :likeit:! I love creepy movies.

Lil

If you like thrillers, there's one I saw years ago called "Dead of Winter". I remember it being really suspenseful.