Yep, hypomanic, hopefully we will nip it

crazymama30

So I posted earlier about difficult child not sleeping well.

Now? He is amped up, irritable, driven, and hyper. Moving from one thing to the next. The irritability leaves at times, but comes back or has been today.

He sees therapist on Tuesday and psychiatrist on Thursday. It is nice as since they both work out of county mental health? therapist comes to his psychiatrist appointment. I have really been impressed with them as a combo. On the occasion they call on Thursday (when psychiatrist works), they call me on speaker so I can talk to them both!

Maybe school starting will help, but right now? I really don't see that happening.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I know with difficult child II lack of sleep is always a red flag, glad things are moving smoothly to try and nip it on the butt.

buddy

Awww, you are so great to see his patterns. I wish it wasn't so for him...he is just getting back in the swing of things. Your duo sounds really good. With the appointment this week you will have good info to share with them. I hope they can help you control it sooner than later....

crazymama30

I hoke that getting back to school will help, but honestly? I doubt it. He gets that same look in his eyes that s2bx got when he was manic, I would know that look with my eyes closed.

I am just concerned that psychiatrist will up the invega, which could trigger his tics, and then? I have to give him cogentin to help with the tics. I really hate that we could be giving medications so he can take medications.......that just seems like too much, but if the alternative is to have him manic? I don't see.much of a choice

buddy

yes, that is a huge concern...always weighing the pros and cons... as you know.....I've been thinking about that kind of stuff too. This is not the exact medication that caused the tics before is it? or is it? Maybe there is a chance it will not cause them if it needs to be raised. Well, one step at a time. Tomorrow school again, right? I hope he makes it through the day with no big issues. And, then the doctor appointment this week... Will be thinking of you guys and hoping for the best. Keep us updated.

crazymama30

No buddy, this is not the medication that caused the tics, but it is the same class of medication. It was Seroquel that caused the tics, but I have noticed that they did increase a tiny bit when we introduced the invega, but not enough to warrant the cogentin.

buddy

ok I will send positive energy your way hoping it is different enough that it wont cause them and he wont need the other medication.... you all have been through enough. My wish for him is to sleep tonight, to go to school, and to relax into his schedule again.... Or as close to that as possible.

crazymama30

Yeah, school did not do much. He is definitely cycling, was demanding and irritable when I got home. I played monopoly for 30 min and that seemed to help. I went to my family to family class last night, went ok. He had a late night last night and that does not help.

As far ad I know school went ok, I did not get called. I don't think this is due to spring break I think he is cycling.