Yes, A Positive update on SB

It's been a tough 2 yrs., but I think she's finally maturing. Looking at life thru adult eyes...Wow~ After 2 yrs. of couch hoping, SB has been living and paying rent in the same place for 4 months. She has a job at the newest, restaurant in town, where she's excelling. She hasn't missed a shift, and seems to be letting go of a life that was so self destructive. New friends, just pot, and limited drinking. The biggest change I see in her, is that she has let go of the anger. No more blaming me for all the horrible, terrible things that happened to her, letting go of the anger that held her back. Accountability. A normal new boyfriend to boot.

Of course, it's only been 4 months, but for the first time, she's making steps forward...that is so big for her and I'm sleeping much better these days. Have I stopped holding my breath? Not quite yet. I have changed my approach, not taking about the past- hugs, kisses and high fives now. Lunches, talks, being with the young woman I knew she could be. One step at a time. Being her mom and encouraging instead of bailing out. It's wonderful.

I have never let go of HOPE and only by the Grace of God, do I feel she's made it this far. Just thought I'd share some good news.

Love and Blessings to All,

Julie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Julie

I'm so thrilled for you both!! No, 4 months isn't very long, but it's certainly a start! I hope she continues to mature and make good choices.

What a wonderful update! :)

Hugs

lovemysons

Julie, I'm so happy for you all.

by the way...Have been praying for you and yours too. I am sorry I have not replied to your fb messege yet.
I have been overwhelmed lately with young difficult child issues.

Love you,
LMS

DammitJanet

Wow...just wonderful! How old is SB now? Is she closing in on the mid twenties by chance? That frontal lobe starts maturing more quickly during the 22, 23 years and is pretty much set by 24/25.

I really hope this is a new day and a new dawn for you all.