You just gotta see these pics

Abbey

Spork Queen
I worry that someone took his den and turned it into a Walmart and now instead of hibernating peacefully he's going to be shopping for slippers and an iPod on aisle 6 and 9 without any cash. Know what I mean?? :rofl::rofl:

I hated to laugh at that because it's probably true.

Abbers

Mattsmom277

We get them roam right into town this time of year while they ready for hibernation. In the spring too when they wake up hungry, but moreso the next couple of months. Worse is when they stroll into town with their cubs. We've had several bears (and cubs) in easy child's school yard which is a block from our house. We also have had them troll our garbage. But they humanely trap them since we in inside the city, and relocate them to the bush.
I wouldn't want to meet up with one while walking easy child to school or taking out my trash. So I certainly would've been freaking if that lovely bear was outside my window when I took my dogs out! You Are Brave-est!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I'd reconsider calling to have him trapped and relocated if he's seen around much longer. Its easy to have a bad situation if someone is unknowingly at wrong place at the wrong time, especially children.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This is definitely a Mr. and not a Mrs. We had a Mama Bear and her baby cubs very early in the spring and then we only saw the cubs, but were careful as the Mama was probably nearby. Most of the summer it's been this guy, though there are others around. And some have been tagged...as if someone will go up and read the number to report it! What is the DEP thinking anyway? "Oh Mr. Bear, c'mere, so I can read your tag number and report you...good bear" (writes down tag number, turns back on bear and heads into the house) - yeah, right.

The only reason this guy stands out to us and we know it's the same guy is because he has a little nick in his fur on his right shoulder and he is NOT tagged. My neighbors have a tagged one that consistently knocks over their bird feeders, so we know there is more than just the one.

Star, I am also concerned that he may have no place to live...H reminded me that with all the new UNSOLD housing going up, he may just inhabit one of those homes this winter! Hahahahaha~

I wish I could block my number when I call in because I feel like I'm blowing the whistle on a harmless homeless bear.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The Wal-mart thing might not be that far off. The mother of the cubs had to be shot because she was raiding the dumpsters out back of the local Wal-Mart and had lost all fear of humans.

The cubs were able to survive on their own but were transported.