You know you are in trouble when your therapist says.....

Mom2oddson

"Wow! You have too much on your plate!"

I was going to write it all out, but when I was on point 15 and wasn't even near done, I decided not to post all of my stuff.

Life has been beyond busy. I'm up at 4am (get 30 minutes for coffee & computer time) then it's off to work and all the other stuff so I'm lucky to be home before 8pm. So, I haven't had a lot of time for the board or FB.

Just wanted you to know that I am reading as many posts as I can - might not get to read all the comments - nor do I have time for responding. But know that each of you are in my heart and prayers. You are my friends and I care about each of you.

Keep Ant in your prayers - so far - he's stayed clean and sober, but he's getting fragile and not doing AA or his out patient appts. So......detaching.

My folks hit the road tomorrow. They are leaving Upper Penn. Michigan heading for Mankato MN. My Dad is 72. He's driving a car with a trailer behind it. I'm sure he's going to be fine, but the weather out there scares me. Then on Monday, they will head for Wa State. Again...a little worried about them.

Everything else is just all the little straws piling up, over-flowing the plate, breaking the camels back and flooding the town....

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...What about when your daughter's counselor says it - to and about you???

Hugs. been there done that understand!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yes, I recently had a similar comment made to me by difficult child 1's therapist, lol. He said God blessed me with quite a handful of kids -- his nice way of saying OMG how do you manage to stay so calm? Yes, well, I'm able to stay calm for an office visit -- ha-ha! That reminds me, I'm running low on vodka.... (kidding).

Hang in there -- good you carve out at least the 30 min for coffee and computer time! Every little bit helps maintain our sanity!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Isn't that doctor talk for "THIS IS GOING TO COST YOU MORE?" - I mean I'm just saying - you should find out BEFORE the bill comes. lol.

Mine just stared blankley at me and said - "Well that only took six months to get 13 years off marriage off your chest. Anything else before I begin my assessment?" ROFLM checkbook Off.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I've heard this as well. I don't dwell on it because it's my life, my reality. therapist can tell me all he/she wants to do A because if I don't B will happen & therefore I won't be able to do C.

Yet I see no one stepping up to the plate to do A so B will happen & C will not ~ are you following me? It's the reality of life with difficult children.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so stressed, really I am. I hope things level out just a bit; enough to see a bit of a break. Time to recharge.