You know you need...

tiredmommy

a vacation when:

Your husband is away for business all week and difficult child is off school but sick (and cranky).
Your cat decides she'd like the litter box moved six inches. Now.
You can't remember where you packed away your summer clothes in the basement.

(Please feel free to add your own.:tongue:)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You spend approximately 5 of your working 7 hours surfing the net for "paradise islands", "Island rentals", and "spring break specials"...yeah, spring break specials?? I think I'm desperate!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
When you give yourself whiplash because you here the latest trip the TV station you watch is going on and you call to get the information even though you know it will cost too much and you don't have a passport.

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You go to a tanning booth and while lying there, imagine that you hear seaguls in the distance and the swishing of the surf. You can swear you smell coconut tanning lotion and the feel of little kids kicking sand onto your blanket - the little rats! And then....

the lights turn off and you're cold again, it's time to get dressed and go back to work.

F

flutterbee

When easy child who normally thinks my response of NO just means I haven't been properly convinced and proceeds to try to sway my decision, doesn't and just says OK.

IOW...he can tell I'm not in the mood.

And when there's 4 inches of snow and ice on the roads and the plows haven't been out yet, but you still drive around aimlessly for over an hour. Alone.

klmno

I like that, Heather! I can relate!

With us, even though we run to separate rooms while at home together because we've seen each other in the house all winter, we really just want to grab the dogs and get away from everything in our lives- we don't care where we go (within reason) and we all of a sudden forgive each other for driving each other crazy.

trinityroyal

...when you sneak your 6-year-old's bubble bath for your shower because it smells like suntan oil and lets you pretend.

...when you shovel a path from the back door through 4-ft snow drifts to the barbecue, just to have something grilled for dinner.

...when your 6-year-old is playing with sand toys in the house, picking up books with his shovel and attempting to cram them into a pail.