You mean you got sweaty ON PURPOSE??? EEEEEWWWW!!!!!!!

JJJ

I've been doing better about working out. This summer I've been trying to get Eeyore to exercise with me and yesterday I had a great workout and I was all sweaty.

Eeyore: "Oh no mom, you're getting sweaty, you better stop."
Me: "I've got 20 minutes left on the elliptical and then I'll be done."
Eeyore: "But you'll keep getting sweaty."
Me: "Yes, that is the point."
Eeyore: "You mean, you are getting sweaty on purpose? Eeeww!"
Me: "Yes, that is why they call it exercise. Didn't you get sweaty running on the track team."
Eeyore: "No way, if I started to get sweaty, I slowed down."

Well, that explains alot about why his times kept getting worse all season - especially as the weather warmed up. Between refusing to sweat and thinking that breathing hard meant he was dying, it is amazing the kid finished the season at all.

Sometimes having a kid with Aspergers can be downright amusing :rofl:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh thank you, I really, really needed that... If he were in football, would it get better as the season went on?

JJJ

Casey - he couldn't do football cause people would touch him; same reason he had to quit hockey. No contact sports are his only hope: track, golf and bowling -- of course, bowling is best as there is almost no sweating involved at all.

JJJ

Trinity nailed it. He thinks swimming is disgusting.

One of our pre-placement visits with him when he was a foster kid, we took him to the local pool. We picked him up and Kanga happily told him we were going to the pool. He got all excited. we got there, he changed into the suit we bought him without a problem. Then we came out of the locker room and he got his first glipse of the pool.

"oh no, someone filled it with water!!!!" - he was so bummed
:rofl:

We did make him take swim lessons through level 3 so that he could be a bit safer around water. I've never seen a kid learn to swim so fast - he passed level 3, hopped out of the pool and declared he was never getting wet again.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I've never seen a kid learn to swim so fast - he passed level 3, hopped out of the pool and declared he was never getting wet again.

I'm dying. The ROFL smiley doesn't even COVER it. How do you get him to bathe? Drink? I stood out in a rainstorm a couple of days ago, just because I could. I am guessing THAT's off limits, too.

JJJ

I'm dying. The ROFL smiley doesn't even COVER it. How do you get him to bathe? Drink? I stood out in a rainstorm a couple of days ago, just because I could. I am guessing THAT's off limits, too.

When he was little, he would bathe if we made sure the water was very warm. But he did go through a phase where he refused to shower or bathe (and he stunk!!). Thankfully, he discovered girls and that girls don't like stinky boys so we no loner have that battle but he still hates it.

JJJ

I actually got him to work out to the point of being sweaty yesterday. The look on his face was priceless but he actually sweat for 7 minutes before he couldn't stand it any longer :rofl: