You should have seen/heard husband yesterday...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I posted on general that kt had her first group date last night with her "boy friend". Well, husband told kt that boy friend would have to come here & introduce himself first.

Boyfriend called 3 hours ahead of time & set up a time to meet & speak with husband. husband had a list of 10 questions for this young man (I felt sorry for the boy), reminded boyfriend that kt is our daughter & we have spent years raising her to be a lady & protecting her.

I wasn't privy to the conversation however you should have seen husband afterward....he said if he had an prescription to something for anxiety he would have taken it. However, boyfriend, passed whatever test husband had in his mind.

Boyfriend & kt had dinner here with us (I ordered pizza & made a salad) & it really was delightful listening to a couple of young kids talking.

After kt & boyfriend left for the football game husband told me he didn't think he'd survive another 5 or 6 years of this. I told him he did great & he really did.

goldenguru

At least he wasn't shining his hunting rifle when boyfriend arrived. LOL.

I think what your husband did speaks volumes to your daughter and to any young man who is interested in her. Kudos for husband.

busywend

Good for husband! He did just what he should do. Grill the boyfriend! All of them! Always!!!!

Although, now and then you run across one that is just a wee bit too comfortable during the questioning and it does not sit well. That is the one to watch out for!

nvts

I LOVE it! I am getting such a kick out of watching my former "wild-man, ex-military he-man" temper his language, calm his temper, be rational when the difficult child's act up, and get mushy when they're asleep and temporarily look well-behaved.

He lucked out. He liked the first one. Wait'll he has to bite his tongue when he DOESN'T like the kid!

Do us a favor and plant a hidden camera somewhere when he does the next interview. Star and I will hire a kid with a multicolored mohawk, a nose ring that has a chain that goes from nose to ear, a peirced tongue, lip and eyebrow and nipple rings that show through the holes in his dirty word t-shirt.

Scare tactics has NOTHING on me! ;)

Beth

donna723

Ha! Goldenguru, I had a former boss who really did the shotgun bit! He was a retired high-ranking military officer and a bit intimidating anyway until you got to know him. He had two very pretty daughters and always insisted on meeting and approving all their dates. The unsuspecting guys would be led into his den (like lambs to the slaughter?) and he'd be sitting by the fire in his favorite rocker. He'd chat pleasantly with them, nice as he could be, just smiling and rocking ... and the whole time he was smiling and rocking, he had his favorite shotgun laying across his lap! If they ever had any thoughts of getting out of line with his daughters, they soon decided that maybe that wasn't such a good idea!

Linda, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall ...

Lothlorien

Awww, that's awesome! Poor boyfriend!

My dad NEVER did that. He never even opened the door. He usually looked out the windows and stuck his finger up to indicate that I'd be out in a minute and went back and sat down in front of the TV.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Awwww....snort......poor guy! But....what's he going to do on her first SOLO date????

He should take notes. This is my absolute favorite "dad talking to the date" story!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H4C_Mf1POk&NR=1"]YouTube - Bill Engvall - Kid Stories[/ame]

susiestar

Roll With It
HEY! MY dad did the gun thing. He had 3 of them out and was cleaning them when I popped in with a guy I was dating (might have been husband, I don't really remember the guy - just that I was doing all I could not to burst into laughter). Dad didn't know I was out with a guy, I went out after I got off work. It just happened.

I am glad that your husband is taking time to meet and question the young men. If nothing else, it will give kt GREAT stories for school on Monday!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I love it! husband doesn't do any grilling but easy child tells any boys they have to meet dad or me first.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda you're lucky. husband wouldn't do it, I had to. But then the kids say I'm way more scarier than he is. :rofl:

Our little ktbug is growing up. *sniff* *sniff* Pass the tissues please....

DammitJanet

Rodney Atkins Lyrics

"Rodney Atkins Cleaning This Gun (come On In Boy) lyrics"

The declaration of independence
Think I can tell you that first sentence
But then I'm lost
I can't begin to count the theories
I had pounded in my head that I forgot
I don't remember all that spanish
Or the gettysburg address
But there is one speech from high school
I'll never forgot