Your favorite non-alcoholic drink

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I like cranberry juice... I learned to, when I had a year of multiple UTIs... But not all the time...

busywend

Coffee in the morning - 1-2 cups. Then water all day long. Love water! The colder the better. Sometimes a Dt Coke. Never a Pepsi.

susiestar

Roll With It
Coke Classic, coffee, cafe mocha hot or iced, ginger ale, homemade lemonade.

Recently they started carrying a line of flavored half and half coffee creamers. the kids had a project and the chocolate flavor (I think it was dark chocolate, not sure) was exactly what it needed to amp it up for the occasion. As husband LOVES iced mochas and would be thrilled to get one each day, I got the chocolate creamer. He ignored it for a while (has long shelf life in the refridgerator) and then I pointed out that he could use that and not just buy the little cans and save a TON of $$.

welll, he grudgingly tried it, told me it was NOT going to work and was going to be yucky. HA HA HA HA HA!!! He then started raving about it - how much he loves it, how it mixes so well with his coffee, is chocolaty enough but not too sweet for him and how it doesn't all sink to the bottom like chocolate syrup.

Is cherry limeade a big favorite where y'all are? They are awesome and super easy to make. You put 1 oz of the concentrated cherry juice (the kind in the 12 oz can that you mix with water - Juicy Juice and Welch's each have a cherry flavor) and a generous squirt of lime or about the juice of 1/2 a lime into a cup with ice in it. (I use a stadium cup - 20-24 oz) Pour sprite or 7 up type soda into the cup and mix with a straw. Adjust the cherry and lime to suit your taste. If you can't find the concentrated cherry juice, try using the kind that comes in the big bottles that you don't dilute. Start with about 1/4 c of the reg strength juice and don't put as much sprite in.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hi Ellenm0m! Welcome!

When making tea, if you don't bruise the leaves, it won't be bitter - I just don't squeeze the bag. MUCH better.

And coffee - the better stuff isn't as bitter as the cheap stuff. I can't afford Starbucks, but it's awesome. Folger's and Maxwell house are decent. I have to buy the cheap stuff I can afford, so I use a LOT of flavored creamer.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I have always drank a diet soda a day, but when I was laid up from my accident, the caffeine countered the headaches from the painkillers. While I don't have to have soda every day, its the taste I've become accustomed to. Ugh.

I also like crystal light wild strawberry or natural lemonade a lot.

Not a big fan of straight water, but give me crushed ice and i'm happy for days on end.

KTMom91

Iced tea. My way. All day, every day. Summer, winter, I don't care. Starbucks is the best place to purchase iced tea. Trenta black iced tea, unsweetened.

When making it at home (a gallon at a time), I use two regular tea bags and two herbal. Celestial Seasonings has great flavors; right now I'm on the Mango Acai, but all the berry flavors and tangerine are tasty, too. No sweetener. If I want something sweet, I'll go eat ice cream.

I dislike soda. Always have. Lemonade is OK.

DammitJanet

There is something in tea that gives me a migraine and it obviously isnt the caffeine because I drink a ton of diet coke a day. I literally go through at least a two liter a day myself.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Water, water, water, water, water, water, water,
Half & Half with a splash of coffee and a smidge of splenda blend.
Crystal Light - Pink Lemonade, Peach Tea, Strawberry Banana, Kiwi Strawberry, - Almost any of the flavors but fruit punch.

Sugar free Hot Chocolate with Sugar free Whip Cream Sprinkle Cinnamon

Sugar Free Apple Cider in the Fall - but good luck finding it.

Occasionally - Wassail IF you know how to make it right....at Christmas - but not to drink just to smell. (badly made Wassail can stink up a house)

Star*

call 911........call 911
JUST AND FYI for you DIET soda drinkers -

There was a study just released from a major university recently that said

If you are trying to loose weight and drink DIET anything you will NEVER loose weight. (interesting)

SPEAKING OF WHICH ------WHERE IS MARG AND MARGS MAN??????????

DammitJanet

Maybe thats why I dont lose weight but I cant drink anything non diet. Cant stand regular soda. it tastes like syrup. And how can a diet no calorie drink make you not lose weight? There are no calories. Maybe I should just switch to coke zero and say its not diet?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Janet, it's simply because your tastebuds get the sweet, but your body doesn't get the calories it expects - so it stores fat.

Probably out of spite.

I can't drink diet, the fake sweetener makes me vomit. Probably my body rebelling.

DammitJanet

I dont like the old stuff that was in Tab (cant remember the name right now) but I used to drink it. I really am not all that fond of splenda either. It doesnt taste as normal to me as what is in the regular diet coke. They came out with a diet coke made with splenda but I didnt like it as well. I have tried using splenda for sugar and it isnt doing it for me. I havent tried any of the other newer fake sugars.

But I drank diet coke the whole time when I lost all that weight in 03 even though I have gained it all back again. In fact, I pretty much ate very little and just drank.

keista

janet, hopefully more sodas will go the way of Sierra Mist. Uses REAL sugar - not high fructose corn syrup which is just as bad if not worse than diet drinks.

H

HaoZi

Coffee!!!!! If it crawls out of the cup, it's done right.

Tea - like plain, but oolong, darjeeling... Lady Grey rocks.

We need to go drink together! Do you like English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast, too? Chai? Red tea? White tea? Green tea?