Your favorite non-alcoholic drink

donna723

This is another old thread from last July that got revived somehow. Probably makes no difference because of the subject matter but it's an old one.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Not the type of drinks I was thinking but I'll share anyway! :bigsmile:

FROZEN TODDY

2 cans frozen concentrated OJ
2 cans frozen concentrated Lemonade (not sure of the size, 12 oz I think. Just the regular size cans)
14 cups water
4 cups tea (I use tea bags and make 4 cups worth)
4 cups sugar (could easily be reduced.....haven't tried it with the fake sugars)
a fifth of vodka if so inclined

Mix well and pour into sealable, freezable containers leaving room for expansion.

Freeze for at least 24 hours

TO SERVE

Scoop desired amount in glass. Fill glass just to top of frozen mixture with COLD Squirt soda (or any lemon-lime soda), insert straw and enjoy. If you choose to add the vodka, the recipe is easy to halve so you can have a nonalcoholic version as well.

susiestar

Roll With It
Coke Classic. NO substitutes. I also love ginger ale, alone or mixed half and half with grapefruit juice. I love coffee but it upsets my stomach so I don't drink it much anymore. I miss it.

I don't drink ice tea but I love hot tea - either Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer or Earl Grey - preferrably Tazo or Stash brand. I get the Tazo or Stash tea bags and keep them in an altoids size box in my purse so that when I am out I can have my tea for the price of a cup of hot water.

When I have a cold or flu I drink ginger tea with honey. I get fresh ginger root in the produce section and peel the end off with a vegetable peeler. Then I peel 2-4 coin shaped pieces off with the peeler and let them sit in boiling water for 3-4 min. I add fresh honey and sometimes a bit of lime juice and it is wonderful and feels great on my throat.