Your opinion....

everywoman

PCdaughter has been talking to a young man on the phone and computer since some time last year. He is a friend of my foster daughter's bio-brother (boy that sounds complicated) who is in the army. Both are stationed in New York---Earlier this year he wanted to come home with D to see pcd---they got on the road---easy child called and told him that she didn't think it was a good idea. So, he turned around and communication stopped for a few months. Then they started talking again, a lot since easy child enlisted. This morning he called her at 6 and told her he had booked a flight to Myrtle Beach to come to see her. She picked him up at 10:30 this morning. He has to be back at the airport at 10:30 tomorrow morning to fly back. This guy paid for his friend to come with him. It cost him $1200 to fly round trip to spend one day in SC. I am really perplexed. People in my life, unless they are difficult children, don't act so impulsively. What do you think?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It does sound a little impulsive and difficult child-ish...but on the other hand...it also sounds romantic. I wonder what were they talking about that made him run out and spend $1200 to see her for a 24 hour period?

Sara PA

How old is he? Young men -- late teens, early twenties -- are known for their impulsive behavior. Too much dopamine floating around in their brains. This could be normal.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Men are such a curiosity driven gender. lol.

If he had been romantic - he would have just sent HER the $1200 with a note that said "Get yourself something nice." lol - oh wait that's not till AFTER you figure out life in your late 30's early 40's.

You know these kids are living in war time - and it may just be that he HAD to meet her before he was deployed. I think it is a win-win for them both. Now they both have something else to get home for. - a real date.

DammitJanet

Im surprised it cost him that much with the flights from NY to Grand Strand. They have those straight non stops advertised.

Honestly...I wouldnt think it was difficult child behavior. These kids in the military live on military time. They get a 72 or a 96 hour pass and they run with it. Jamie had a friend of his drop him off here on his way to atlanta for a 72 and then come back and get him...I dont think either of them slept a bit on that pass...lol.

everywoman

He really seems to be a nice young man. And he seems to really like her. We had a cookout at sister in law's for husband's bd and they came over there for a little bit. He joked and laughed with the family about her blowing him off before. He is supposed to be deployed to Afghanistan early next year. He plans on coming back on the fourth with fd's brother for a long weekend. So...we'll see. That's my pcdaughter. She can get people to do anything for her.