YumYum Ate at Olive Garden Last night. Yum First time there.

K

Kjs

I see Olive garden has recipes on their website. Has anyone tried this? I am looking for hot artichoke hearts and spinihch dip. It was delicious. It is different from other recipes. Anyone have any dip recipes like that?

jal

I've never had Olive Garden's, but this is a recipe I use all the time. It's awesome! I could eat the whole dish!!

Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a small baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
From the Olive Garden website http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/recipe_search/recipe_display.asp?id=16

Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Prep Time:
30 minutes
Cook Time:
30 minutes
Serving Size:
4 8 12
Ingredients
2 fresh artichokes
1 lemon, juice squeezed
1 tsp salt
OR
1 14-oz can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced

1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
5 green onions, chopped
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1 6-oz pack fresh spinach, chopped
8 slices crusty Italian bread
Extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)

Procedures
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
PREPARATION WITH FRESH ARTICHOKES

1. BOIL artichokes in 3 quarts water with 1 tsp salt and lemon juice.
  2. COOL artichokes. Clean, peel, remove center 'choke' and slice artichoke.
  3. FOLLOW Dip Preparation steps below using fresh artichokes.

DIP PREPARATION
  1. MIX all ingredients in a large bowl, except bread and extra virgin olive oil.
  2. COAT a large non-stick baking pan with pan spray; fill pan with mixture. Bake at 325ºF for about 25 minutes or until bubbling and center is hot.
  3. DRIZZLE both sides of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Grill bread on both sides.
  4. SPRINKLE top of heated dip with parmesan cheese. Serve hot with grilled bread.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
JAL, your recipe looks easier and sounds just as delicious so I think I'll try it on Sunday when I have guests coming for a late lunch. What do you dip in it? Bread? Chips? Pita?

Suz

jal

Suz-

It's REALLY awesome! I'm bias, but I had it once at a local restaurant years ago and searched to find a recipe to duplicate it. This one was as close as could be. I use Melba toast, the plain kind...I'd probably spread it on cardboard and eat it...And yes, I take the rest to work and eat it for lunch the next day! AAAHHH! You can make it up ahead of time and put into the fridge. Just pop in oven when you're ready.

klmno

Oh I love that, too. Now that I can have a half-way normal life again I'm very glad to see the recipe. I am not a favorite of a lot of Italian food. I like the white sauces a lot and the other things- bread, dipping sauce, etc, but have limited tastes for the red sauces. I still enjoy Olive Garden though because their food is so good and they have a wide variety to choose from. I thought they were reasonably priced for what you got, too.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
JAL, I made your dip today and it was fabulous! the flavor was wonderful and it was a huge success.

I think I need to get a chafing dish or something- it got really thick as it cooled off. Do you have a secret for keeping it "thinner"?

Suz

jal

Suz-

I'm glad you liked it. I don't have a secret for keeping it thinner...I suppose you could leave some of the liquid in the spinach when you prepare it...that may help to keep the consistancy thinner when serving it, but the cream cheese will firm up as it begins to cool off. The chafing dish idea may just be the thing too.