Beautiful Christmas

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Hello Friends! Christmas at the PonyGirl Ranch was wonderful! difficult child & girlfriend joined us for dinner Christmas Eve, and my dad arrived safely from Florida to be with us. He had quite the adventure at our cabin! Suffice to say, we now own a generator at the old place. (Power outages in Wisconsin during the winter are no fun)

I can't describe how grateful I was to have both my sons with me for dinner. I spent a fair amount of time blinking away tears. At one point, I looked across the table at difficult child and said, "This is so much better than last Christmas, isn't it," and he replied, "Mom, EVERY day is so much better than last Christmas!"

If you'd like to see, I posted some pics on our family web page. The photo entitled "Wonderful Group" shows difficult child's girlfriend, My Dad, difficult child, Me, and easy child.

Peace

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What a difference a year makes, PonyGirl. Thanks for sharing your pictures. It's so wonderful to see everyone beaming.

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
What a beautiful family and holiday. Thank you for sharing.
The snow looks amazing. :smile:

Kathy813

Staff member
Pony,

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Christmas. The pictures were great. The snow picture looked like a postcard. I'm hoping that we have at least one snowfall this year.

~Kathy

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Thanks Kathy. I'm just now catching up, please forgive my lateness but want to say, so sorry your daughter was so hurtful!

The snow picture is taken right outside my front door. There was the most awesome sunset that evening, didn't capture that on digital pixels but trust me, it was gorgeous!

Peace

Sue C

Hi PonyGirl,

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful family and the wonderful Christmas wonderland. We had beautiful snow here weeks ago but only a green Christmas. I sure wanted snow, as white Christmases are so beautiful.

Glad you had a nice Christmas!!

Sue

everywoman

What a beautiful post and a beautiful family. Thanks for the picture of a white Christmas. Those are a rarity in the south.

SunnyFlorida

How wonderful Pony. The family looks great and the snow looks inviting. So glad you all had such a good time.

I haven't seen that much snow in a long time

hearthope

What beautiful pics!! Glad you had such a great christmas, and thanks for sharing the snow pics` we don't see that here very much

lovemysons

Hi Ponygirl,

Sure glad I came to the board this AM. Loved your family pics. Have to admit, I'm a bit envious of your moments with difficult child. I so hope, wish, for a Christmas like yours in mine and my son's future.

When you shared what your difficult child said, I just got this, going through a threshhold onto the other side, feeling. The daily gratitude sounds Real and alive.

G-d bless you and yours.
lovemysons

ps...gorgeous scenery. One day husband and I plan on living in the snowy mountains again, a bed and breakfast type place with a 10 lane bowling alley, invite the pro's to stay for free, appeal to bowling community across US. I love it when dreams come true. Enjoy yours.

ScentofCedar

Pony, I almost feel as if I know your father! Remember when you posted photos from a vacation together?

And here he is again, and he looks so happy....

I don't think I have seen photos of your sons before. You all look so well and happy together.

So sometimes, things do work out just as they should.

Those pictures were wonderful to see, Pony.

I am proud of your son for turning everything around as he has. I am sure we all are ~ and I wonder whether he realizes that there are so many moms he has never met pulling for him and celebrating his success right along with you?!?

The pictures of snow made me homesick. There is nothing like the scent of snow, or that kind of echoing silence that comes with it. I wonder too whether there was an incredible display of northern lights in Wisconsin from the sun spot activity we were reading about, down here?

Well, I have enjoyed these photos more than I can tell you, Pony!

Barbara

P.S. So, what did you have for dinner?

KFld

What gorgeous pictures and such a wonderful xmas you had. I'm so happy for all of you. We had a great xmas to this year. Isn't it nice for a change.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Thanks everyone for your kind replies. My heart is smiling.

Thought I'd let you know, my dad added more snow pics! If you liked the shot from my front door, check out the shots at the cabin! We really got womped, but it sure is beautiful!!

Peace

Sunlight

you all look joyous!

I also felt entirely blessed with boyfriend my two sons and Kaleb at our table!

ant has been here 4 months on Jan 6th.
all is good.
Thanks be to God.

Coookie

Aw PonyGirl,

What a nice looking family and what a huge smile you have..

I'm so happy that you had a beautiful Christmas..

Hugs