D Day is upon us.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Hi all!
I know again I don’t get here as often as I’d like but I’ve spent the morning catching up on most of your posts I do follow along as much as I possibly can. Today is the day son comes home from his six months in long-term residential rehab. He has made some excellent progress he had one slight relapse and put himself into relapse recovery mode immediately. The more joyous news I have to share is the girlfriend is gone gone gone gone !

Ironically as we suspected she refused to give his belongings back she was holding them hostage and manipulating him so we basically had to show up at the house call the police and have them involved with getting his property returned. Clearly even though her mother is a police officer she’s not a very good one Nora she a very good role model for her children the house stinks of pot and my son finally revealed to us that all they do is sit in the basement and smoke pot clearly we knew that was happening which is why he was staying there prior to getting into his detox and rehab program but it feels good to know that we weren’t imagining what wasn’t real. I really don’t know what kind of parent allows the kids to do that. It is a shame but again not my circus not my monkey.

We moved and are settling in of course new homes take a lot more work than we all imagine but things are progressing nicely the backyard was set up for the rest of summer so we enjoyed the pool and backyard patio barbeques while we are painting and decorating the interior.

I have excepted a new position that I start September 10 I have time off work from now until September 10 to help settle back into the routine of having son at home and getting him into the routine of his aftercare. He will be attending high school to finish he will be applying to college he’s decided to go into an electrical program with the bridge to University for a PNG either in civil or electrical engineering that is his focus and his goal. He will have a transition supposed care program follow up from his rehab, he will have continued DBT therapy, he will have school he will be looking for a part-time job and he will have family therapy. That’s a lot to get organized.
My emotions are all over the place and I try not to get into my own head. Too much To fear too much to be frightened of one day at a time mama is what I keep telling myself you’ve got this. But funny even as I write this it makes me tearful with fear because we all know what can happen and where this can go after rails so easily.
I think of you all and I follow your posts as much as possible once again this form has kept my sanity through these past turbulent times. I don’t think any of us would be where were at with my son if I have not found this site. I will keep you all posted I promise to try and be here more frequently.

Elsi

I hope all goes well with the homecoming! One day at a time is right. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Littleboylost

A quick update;

We went to a later festival to celebrate Es completion of his program. Unfortunately it was poorly run and there we’re way too many people there for the amentities set up. We all decided to take out laterns and head down the road a waysbwere we could tailgate our picknic and watch the laterns be released and release our own. Well it was good that we decided to leave as it was a 20 min walk back to the car. On the way back the wind picked up and the rain pitched down.

We were well on our way before people would have made a mad dash. We laughed and I said E this is one of those times where it was the thought that counts.

We ate our picnic in the car while it rained and then drove home after the main flownif cars had left the area. We ended up writing our intentions on our lanterns and will release then this evening.

E has done well not to dwell on the X girlfriend. Seeing the world through clean and sober eyes is very very different. He is enrolled in school and wants to continue with College/University. The 2 credits he works on in rehab he passed with flying colours marks in the 80s and 90s.

He is enjoying being home and admits to being a little scared. It’s food that he is scared and able to communicate it.

We have a long way to go but one day at a time and today is a good day.

He has enrolled in obedience training with his puppy who is awfully cute and very chill for a puppy. We all love him.

He will be looking for a part time job on Tuesday. I do hope he finds something close by and that he will excel in.

He will have an IEP assessment later this month and this should help with studying moving forward.

He will continue with our patient therapy and the outpatient component of his program.

I will give updates on our progress. The main message I have is please never give up hope. This is a disease, a chronic relapsing remitting diseas. E will face challenges moving forward but it is possible to succeed.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
LBL

So glad to hear all is well in your home and their is a plan in place. Glad girlfriend is GONE!

Hugs and prayers for your strength. Enjoy your time off!

BloodiedButUnbowed

LBL nobody is happier for this next chapter in your family's story than I am.

We went through hell together with our children and I am very happy that both our kids are in much better places than this time last year.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and yours.

Littleboylost

Is smoking weed still a part of his after care plan?
Yes it is Passa and as much as this bothers me it is his life and he has to deal with the consequences. He has admitted he smoked weed once ata friends and we had harsh words that we had to get the support of our family therapist to help resolve. I have said not in my house, not on my dime and not on my watch. So far he has had no more slips. I hope he is losing this desire. The therapist indicated that even for harm reduction strategy there is a recommendation that clean living in the real world for 6 months to 2 years is recommended. So far he hasn’t mentioned it again and I have given him a random drug test which was negative fir everything. If he did smoke weed it must have been very little or none at all. Sometimes they test our limits.

pasajes4

You are right. It is his life. Hopefully he understands that you also have the right to not allow others to infringe on how YOU and hubby want to live yours.

Littleboylost

He is respectful of our terms. I hope he drifts away from any desire for drugs what so ever. Currently I think he is too busy to focus on them.

B’smom

Littleboylost,

It sounds like a very busy time for your family. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that things continue to go well and your son continues to be successful on his path of recovery. You’re not alone ❤️

S

Littleboylost

Well he is going to work and finally getting himself up on time. He is attending night ah i and ....he is so pleasant to be around. He has quit smoking ....funny how having to use your own money to purchase your own cigarettes was such a good motivator to quit. He doesn’t ramble on or focus on when he may try pot or anything else again. He has had a drink with us and is very controlled (alcohol was never his demon ...everything else was).

He participated in a fund raiser for the rehab he went to and he has done some public speaking on drug addiction. We are trying very hard to focus on making recovery a part of his fabric moving forward.

He is so pleasant to be around. We are so happy for his success.