Finding Acceptance within yourself

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
On the practical side...other treatments for hives when benadryl is not an option..Cortaid makes a spray cortisone and you don't have to rub it in so you don't add to the itching, also oatmeal baths can help

A wet face clothe in the freezer for about 30 mins, then apply-cold releases the histamines and reduces inflammation

Eucerine makes a calming cream lotion with lavender and oatmeal--it works pretty well too.

I'm sorry life is so hard

F

flutterbee

WFEN -

Thank you for thinking of me.

The pain flare has subsided which is wonderful. Which means I can stand for more than 2 minutes at a time. It doesn't mean I'm pain free, but I don't have pain with just being. I can be functional. I can't do what I could do prior to all this - clean the house in one fell swoop, for example - but I can function. I managed to vacuum the entire house yesterday and it wasn't until near the end that I was really uncomfortable.

The fatigue is much better, too. Still easily fatigued, but it's not overwhelming.

I'm learning to do the best with what I've got and trying not to measure it against what I'm used to or what I think it should be.

For example, it used to be when I cleaned the house I detailed in my head how long each task would take: 20 min to vacuum, 30 min to dust, etc, etc, etc. And if it took me longer I would start to get frustrated. Ok. A little Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) maybe, I admit. And I never just surface cleaned. Cleaning the kitchen meant everything came off the counters, was scrubbed, elements out of the stove and the stove scrubbed, dishwasher, microwave, cabinets, you get the idea.

And now I'm trying to listen to my body. I still push through the discomfort, but I realize that I can do the counters today and the stove tomorrow. Or next week. It's not going anywhere. And those little cleaning elves still haven't made an appearance at my house. :tongue:

And I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. I'm rejoicing in the fact that I can at least do what I'm doing. I couldn't do it for the last month. And some people never can. So, really I'm very lucky - blessed - and I'm trying to remain cognizant of that. Instead of thinking of how I think it should be or comparing it to how it used to be.

I'm thinking about getting a mobile stool for in the kitchen. It doesn't take very long for me to be in pain from standing at the counter. TimerLady sent me a link to an affordable one, but it looks like it will still put a lot of weight/pressure on my hips and lower back. I found another one that looks like it would work well, but it was over $200 and I don't want to shell out that kind of money if this is something that can be fixed and I don't end up needing the stool for that long, Know what I mean?? So, I'm holding off for now, but I have it in the back of my mind.

I was so muddled the last couple of weeks and that makes all of this so much harder. I can deal with the physical part. I don't like it and it's been hard to accept, but I can. But when I'm so muddled and easily confused, I just fall apart. It's very disconcerting.

Thank you for thinking of me. :)

Heather,

I'm really glad you're feeling a bit better!!! I'm also glad that you're not pushing yourself too much when it comes to the housework. The beauty of it is that those "dust bunnies" will be waiting for you whenever you're ready... So, there is ABSOLUTELY no need to rush... And, if those "little cleaning elves" show up at your house, please send them to mine when they're through at yours, lol...

You sound much better!!! Your attitude is great!!! As I said before, you're a wonderful mother, and a very strong, wise and caring person. I truly believe things are going to continue to get better for you.

Thanks for updating us. As always, I'm thinking of you... WFEN

scent of cedar

Here you go, Heather ~ www.flylady.com

I always go to flylady when I feel overwhelmed by everything to do in the house ~and there IS alot to do.

And it has to be done, and redone, and done again and I hate spending even one minute cleaning the same things I cleaned yesterday.

Flylady helps put everything in perspective ~try it!

Barbara

:D

F

flutterbee

Barbara -

I *love* that website. It's so cute and looks fun. I'm signing up!

Thanks!