First Visit to Rehab

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry I haven't commented before now. I am glad you got to see him and that overall he is doing well. I hope he chooses not to let Cop Mom and daughter pull him back into active addiction when he gets out.

As for sitting down with Cop Mom, don't do it. It will NOT help anything, no matter what you say. If she does visit, and it causes problems, MAYBE a visit to someone higher up with info from the rehab about how she was a problem would be helpful. Or encourage the rehab to ask for a restraining order if she is too much more of a bother, or if she is aggressive with them.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I am sorry to hear about Cop Mom and her daughter throwing themselves into this. E needs to focus on his recovery, not on his girlfriend. Not sure what you can do about it though, other than hoping the counselor can help E begin to see that, hopefully before the phone calls start.

Honestly, even if it might not do any good, I would seriously consider sitting Cop Mom down for some "frank discussion" about backing off. Surely as a parent and as an officer of the court she knows better than to petition a court-ordered rehab to see your son in violation of the rules.

I can't help but wonder, why is she is so inappropriately involved in her daughter's love life? It's really kinda creepy...
I agree it is creepy and everyone else agrees with you also. Helen E primary counsellor has suggested a few strategies that I will comply with. One is radio silence to cop mom for now. I will keep you posted.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Thanks for the supportive input I will post an updated later. Life has been busy and I have missed being on here ...but I have been sleeping which is so good.