Granddaughter now wants to leave rehab after 2 days!

ksm

I took her there Thursday afternoon at 3pm. By Friday she texted she didn't think it was the place for her. By Saturday she texted she wanted to come home. She said she was sick and throwing up and no one was checking on her.

But, she was using before she went there, and I assume she is detoxing. She doesn't like the facility, they have "to work" !! She said there are horses on the property and they take care of the horses, but not allowed to ride them. (I'm sure that's a liability issue) But caring for horses should be a benefit. And they "had to move some things around in the yard".

Also, the women prepare their meals and help clean up. How dare they!! How awful is that?? As I prepare meals every day and no one really helps me!

The last text she sent me was "f**k U". My last text to her was:

"I didn't call the rehab. But you need to find out if leaving the facility breaks the terms of your diversion. You were looking at jail times and a felony on your record. I don't know the best way to handle this. You are free to do as you choose, but there may be consequences you aren't aware of yet. That is why I suggested talking to your diversion officer first."

It's going to be a bumpy ride. Ksm

So sorry you are in this situation with her. You did good in what you told her. My son went through a 28 day rehab in KY about 8 years ago as a diversion to jail and made it about two months in a halfway house and then left. When he got back to TN, he was arrested and did the 5 1/2 months that was on the shelf. I'd say she will go to jail. The place you took her to sounds wonderful with the horses. God forbid she has to prepare meals? It's typical. My son is lazy too and thinks he's too good to do certain things. It just blows my mind.

Hang tough Ksm! I'm praying she's just detoxing and she will stay there!

Copabanana

I agree. I think what you wrote is perfect. Her life is hers. She can choose. She has been choosing all along.
If she is jailed, or goes to prison, I hope she knows she must sign over legal custody for your great grandson. It's enough already making him (and you) pay for her poor choices and her fantasies of complete control.

Kalahou

Dear Ksm,
Following along with you, In my opinion, Jail is not the worst possibility here. In my own situation, I feel incarceration was a rescue for my son. You are in love , thoughts, prayers.