Mother and Boyfriend arrested for beating toddler to death....

Star*

call 911........call 911
Anyone find any news on this?

They were eating pizza while the 3 year old lay dying. The boyfriend is divorcee with former charges of DV.

They punched and beat, slapped this child for over an hour and then ordered a pizza while he laid dying. The Mother is 26. The boyfriend is 32 or 33.

If they both don't get the death penalty - WOW.

H

HaoZi

I saw that on CNN.com. I hope they both get the same treatment in prison, karma and all that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Found it........

They said last night that they were going to try "beaten spouse" with her. GIVE ME A BREAK. Then they summised they would go aggravated manslaughter because the little boy wet his pants and they were on drugs and this child had them at their wits end. You tell me how a 3 year old is savagely beaten for an hour - makes so much noise that he has you at wits end? I don't get it. The news said the Mother was awakened by the sound of the childs gasps and called 911 - no doubt from 'rails' - blood gurgling in his lungs. She called at 5am. She was in court and was nearly emotionless - when the read the charges. Just sat there with her eyes closed shaking her head right to left. No tears. No remorse.

How do you participate in something like this with your own child?

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Anyone. She punched and slapped that baby INTO a wooden frame of a couch until he died. 3 years old. And the doctor interviewed said he would have had a horrible, agonizing death.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh. My. God.

The death penalty would be too good for them. Sentence them to a huge room in the prison and let the prisoners get justice.

I can drum up absolutely no empathy for such people. None. There is no excuse.

I caught Katie slapping 7 month old kayla in the face during a feeding. Her excuse was that she wouldn't stop crying. I was like wtf? And slapping her in the face is not going to make her cry more you moron??

That poor baby. Stuff like this makes my soul hurt.

H

HaoZi

Cases like this are ones that show why as much as I'd have liked to, I couldn't go into law enforcement. Law is one thing - justice is often something else entirely. I believe in justice.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I read about this. I don't understand why it is that people like this are allowed to have children. There are plenty of of parents out there who would give eveything they have for a child. Even if that child - GASP - cried...

And then again, I'm at my wits' end with Onyxx, but you don't see me beating her to death then going off and eating pizza.

Mom2oddson

I will never understand how you could hurt your own child that way.

When easy child was 3, I was rinsing dishes and cooking at the same time. easy child reached to touch the hot burner and out of instinct, I smacked his hand....but my hand was wet so it really stung him. I cried more tears right then than easy child did. I still feel horrible about that and he's almost 21.

And no matter how out-of-control the difficult children got, I never thought to hit them.

Why didn't they give the child up for adoption?

Malika

I think it's about a part of oneself becoming so deadened and dehumanised that one stops knowing or caring about the humanity of others, even of one's own child. Especially of one's own child, actually. Inflicting pain on an innocent being is some kind of psychotic attempt to assuage the raging pain inside.
In saying this I am not (I do hope it goes without saying) justifying or condoning. Just trying to understand...

TerryJ2

OMG. I couldn't beat a kid like that, much less sit and eat a pizza. Makes me throw up.
Forced sterilization sounds like a great idea in this case.