Prayers Needed

BusynMember

You are a strong person. For both you and your wife, please take care of yourself. Eat, sleep, try to focus on work while you are there. The type of stress you face requires taking care of your body and your mind. Visit the hospital chspel to spend a few minutes alone and at peace.

Continued prayers for all of you. You are all in my thoughts.

Copabanana

I am only now seeing this. I am adding my prayers to the rest. It is so hard to deal with fears especially when the present moment is fraught. And you holding the three of them at least in part.

While there is still peril it seems so much has already been met and resolved.

My son took pills. Ten years ago. Because it was a gesture in front of me I could call the ambulance and there was no lasting harm.

I seem to block the memory and only recall being numb and mad. There is just so much.

Take care.

BloodiedButUnbowed

Update from my wife:

They are removing the life support this afternoon. By the time I arrive to the hospital the procedure will either be in progress or complete.

Praying for his survival. This is a big day.

BloodiedButUnbowed

He made it. He is off life support. The doctors say that the life threatening phase of this nightmare is essentially over.

Thank you Lord, and thank you all for your prayers. I have no doubt they helped create this outcome.

His next milestone is coming off the ventilator. They estimate up to one week for that. And then the part we are most dreading now that he has survived this suicide attempt - his neurological state.

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
He made it. He is off life support. The doctors say that the life threatening phase of this nightmare is essentially over.

Thank you Lord, and thank you all for your prayers. I have no doubt they helped create this outcome.

His next milestone is coming off the ventilator. They estimate up to one week for that. And then the part we are most dreading now that he has survived this suicide attempt - his neurological state.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

pigless in VA

Keeping your family in my thoughts today. I agree with SWOT that you need to be careful of your own health. If you are having trouble eating, eat small, healthy things throughout the day.

pasajes4

Great news! Praying for positive outcomes. I know it is difficult, but it is essential that you guys get some rest and a bit of time away from the hospital. His recovery is going to be physically and emotionally draining.

BloodiedButUnbowed

A very fast update. They hoped to do a brain MRI today to determine the extent of any neurological damage, but his heart rhythms are too unstable. He has needed external pacing at various points throughout the day and he is in atrial flutter, whatever that means. Need to do some research. For this reason he cannot tolerate being moved to the MRI machines.

We continue to cope. He has, at least, not required life support again. For that we are most grateful.

One day at a time. This journey will be measured in months.