Summer vacation time

Copabanana

This is where I would stay. (for one night because it's almost $400.00) Rosewood Inn Of the Anasazi. It's lovely. And 3 blocks from the Georgia O'Keefe museum.

Copabanana

There is a bad heat wave in the Southeast as us evidenced by today's Wacko temperatures.
And here there has been rain for the past four days. That is unheard of (although welcome) at this time of year. Except I live in a floodplain. I read that risk of extreme flooding (like over twenty feet under) has risen fourfold due to climate change.

Typically this time of year the AC is on all the time.

Nomad

Staff member
I thought I could get a discount at that hotel...but no dice.
A few have good discounts. Thank goodness.
Santa Fe seems like a popular tourist spot.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Good grief just saw video on an American woman that was almost beat to death in fancy resort in Dominican Republic. She got a glimpse of attacker before she passed out and he had a resort uniform on. I love going to Mexico but this stuff is scary!!

Copabanana

an American woman that was almost beat to death in fancy resort in Dominican Republic.
My mother and her boyfriend when visiting Puerto Rico got kidnapped by a taxi driver.

I have traveled a great deal in Latin America and nothing like this ever happened to me, although once in Rio a man entered at gunpoint to rob the restaurant. All of the customers ran into the pizza oven.

Nomad

Staff member
I believe that incident was in the Dominican Rebublic. But, yes it reminds us that it could happen anywhere.
We went on a cruise once and we went through a popular island. The taxi can drivers were fighting and frightened us. One time we went to another country and they were having all sorts of problems and there was much tension in the air.
We went to a country once (via cruise ship) and that particular country takes your passport when you enter. Then we had very concerning problems on a tour. Of course in the back of my mind was I didn’t have my passport.
I’ll never go there or any country that confiscates your passport at the boarder again. (They give it back...but still...no way)
One has to be very careful.
I’ve gotten more aware and extremely careful.

Nomad

Staff member
Disturbing.
Just saw on yahoo a couple from the US was found dead in their Dominican Republic hotel room.
Investigation just started.
I don’t think the cause of death was clear cut.