16 year old daughter using?

DDD

I'm sending a big supportive hug your way. The attitude near the end of residential treatment is so confusing and scarey because all of us who have been there done that want with all our hearts "to believe". on the other hand, sigh, we have been hurt so badly by the lies and misrepresentations in the past that we just know we can't afford to totally invest our hearts. Ten years ago my husband and I SO wanted to believe that we got a new paint job, tires, etc. on husband's Jeep so our much loved (likely too loved!) grandson could "start fresh". Twenty four hours after he was home from treatment the police called and he had been in an accident. He had an 8 PM curfew and we handed him the keys after dinner. That's how long the honeymoon lasted.

I hope she truly "gets it". I hope your heart has a little bit of armour to protect you in case she's "playing". This is a God awful road to travel and sincerely I will be delighted if your difficult child is ready to turn her life in the right direction. From experience I know you will love her no matter what...but I have my fingers crossed for your family. DDD