***American Idol***

<span style="color: #993399"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'> So, what did ya'll think? I missed Lakeshia's performance but saw the recap, she sounded good.

If Sanjaya doesn't leave tonight, I will be screaming. How ridiculous was he?!?!? The hair, the outfit, the song... YUCK!!!

I didn't really enjoy my usual fav Jordin all that much.

Thought Gina hit it out of the park last night! Definetly my fav for last night.

Blake was ok but not as good as last week.

Melinda, as usual sang beautifully.

Didn't enjoy Hayley at all. But she looked wonderful.

I thought Phil did pretty well.

Chris S was good, but not as good as usual for me.

Chris R did an ok job.

Anyone think someone other than Sanjaya should go?

Hugs,
Vickie

</span> </span>

DammitJanet

Sorry Vickie...didnt even see this. I was wondering where the idol thread was and couldnt find it. Maybe we posted at the same time. LOL.

dialidol has the predictions in this order.

Melinda Doolittle
Chris Richardson
Lakisha Jones
Gina Glocksen
Sanjaya Malakar
Phil Stacey
Blake Lewis
Chris Sligh
Jordin Sparks
Haley Scarnato

Janet,

Meaning Haley being on the bottom? If Jordin goes I would be so sad!! She is so talented, just didn't "bring it" last night, in my opinion!!

Hugs,
Vickie

Kathy813

Staff member
Janet,

Are you looking at a different place than I am? Here is the order that I found.

Statisically, due to the margin of error of 2.58, anyone from Gina down are in a statistical tie and are equally likely of being voted off. Sanjaya looks safe, though. :mad:

2 Melinda Doolittle -

1-7 Chris Richardson -

2-7 Lakisha Jones -

2-7 Sanjaya Malakar -

2-10 (B3) Gina Glocksen -

2-10 (B3) Phil Stacey -

2-10 (B3) Blake Lewis -

5-10 (B3) Jordin Sparks -

5-10 (B3) Haley Scarnato -

5-10 (B3) Chris Sligh

~Kathy

Lothlorien

I would be very upset if Jordin went. I thought she was good except the very beginning. The key was too low for her voice in the beginning, but I did like the rest of the song.

Gina was the best, last night. Melinda is still really good, but Gina brought the WOW last night.

I love the Cure song(one of my fav songs), but I didn't like Blake's version of it. He has no top lip and it's hard to watch him sing a slow song. He looks kinda creepy when he does.

Sanjaya is just horrid. Unfortunately, I think he'll be around for a while.........I don't really think anyone takes him seriously anymore.

I loved Gwen on the show last night. She is one of the first guests that have been poignant and doesn't sugar coat these kids, like some of the others have done. I was shocked to see her with so much less make up. She looks so different.

'Chelle

I have only watched American Idol sporadically this year. The last couple years some very good singers have gone before some very bad ones, and this year the very fact that Sanjaya is staying and right now is ahead of someone like Jordin in the voting just soured me on this whole season.

Lakisha, Jordin and Melinda are the best and hope one of them wins, but doubt I'll watch except a bit here and there.

DammitJanet

Kathy...I think you and I are quoting different parts of the same thing. I think you are doing rankings and I am doing the busy signals.

Dial Idol Score or Rank

1-2 Melinda Doolittle
1-7 Chris Richardson
2-7 Lakisha Jones
2-7 Sanjaya Malakar
2-10 (B3)Gina Glocksen
2-10 (B3)Phil Stacey
2-10 (B3)Blake Lewis
5-10 (B3)Jordin Sparks
5-10 (B3)Haley Scarnato
5-10 (B3)Chris Sligh

Dial Idol Busy Signal

Melinda Doolittle
Chris Richardson
Lakisha Jones
Gina Glocksen
Sanjaya Malakar
Phil Stacey
Blake Lewis
Chris Sligh
Jordin Sparks
Haley Scarnato

DDD

I missed it. DWTS's was on and husband wanted to watch together.
Doesn't sound like I missed too much. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Janet,

Well, that explains it.

I will be very upset if Jordin goes and Sanjaya stays. It looked like a dead animal was on top of Sanjaya's head.

~Kathy

DammitJanet

Sanjayas hair was bad enough but then when he turned sideways and you saw those 7 ponytails...omg! What on earth was he thinking?

I really do think they need a seperate show: The Worst of American Idol

mattsmum

I agree...Sanjaya needs to go. Belinda, or is it Melinda????, is my favorite. I also like Blake and LaKeesha. I thought Haley did very well...I don't understand why they thought she didn't.

I know who was bumped tonight...but I won't post out of consideration of those on the West Coast....

OK, I know we are supposed to wait till tomorrow, but I am on the West coast and just saw the show. Won't mention too many details, other than OMG!!! Who the heck is voting????

Till tomorrow,
Vickie

DammitJanet

Like I said Vickie...I am so thoroughly disgusted I wont be watching another episode this season and I may not watch again. I am voting with my wallet. I intend to email the advertisers on the show and give them an earful.

On_Call

Okay, so Chris S. went without much of a whimper. I don't think the staff liked him much from the beginning and I don't think he had a chance of winning it all, anyway.

But, I have NO idea how Sanjaya keeps plugging away. He drives me crazy. I sort of feel bad for him though - in a way - because he is there because people are voting him through out of spite or whatever. What do they call it "Vote for the Worst" campaign, or something? Eeeeek.

Over the past few seasons, there has been at least one contestant that went on well past their intended time frame I think - there was "John the red-head" - remember him? And last year it was the little guy they dubbed "Chicken Little" - remember? Can't think of his name - was it Chris Corveis (sp?) or something like that?

I agree that Gwen Stefani was awesome!!!! And, she is one of the few guests AI has had that the contestants can probably really relate to - I am sure that some of them had no idea who Diana Ross even was. And, you're right - Gwen did not sugar coat anything. She is just so darn cute!

KFld

I can't believe that ponyhawk didn't get voted off!!!!! I know it's the viewers who vote, but are they watching the show when they vote???????

I didn't think Chris S. was doing that good lately, so I'm not surprised he went, but I still can't stand Sanjaya and he should have been gone a long time ago. I think all the little girls like him.

tiredmommy

Howard Stern has been pushing the 'vote for the worst" campaign per my husband. Maybe we should start an official boycott of HIM!!! I'm sure the folks at Sirius would love to know they will lose subscribers if this garbage doesn't stop...

DammitJanet

Yes Howard Stern is pushing this as well as that Vote for the Wost site. Howard Stern would love nothing more than to F up anything main stream. Im sure he is getting huge kicks on his show laughing and howling at Sanjaya.

I wouldnt pay to listen to that guy if...well if they paid me!

While I dont think Chris S would have won, I do think AI knows this farce is going on and I think they know it isnt viewers keeping Sanjaya on that show. They quote how many votes come in each week as if they have some sort of huge audience which is how they sell it to the advertisers. 32 millions votes cast! They know good and well many of those votes were done by mass dialers. Even according to their own website, mass dialers are supposed to be not allowed. They supposedly have the technology to prevent this...so stop it! Go to 10 numbers per phone number. Other reality shows do.