Are we allowed to be specific?

somerset

I was wondering if, when I post about getting an 504/IEP, I can say what SD we are in so anyone else who has experience with them might be able to help me better. It's a very large and well-known SD, so there might actually be someone else from there.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Somerset - I would not. The thing is, with enough information people can and will identify you, and this IS a public forum - I found it through Google.

Most SDs are pretty similar - there are 3 kinds: obnoxious, obsequious and normal. MOST of us live in ones that are obnoxious.

buddy

I wouldn't but if you find people from your area they can pm you to see what district.... people who are looking up the district for any reason may hit on your post...and the link goes straight to what you say.... so if you then post about other things that are more sensitive they can click on your profile and you just never know. It could lead to someone knowing something private. might not matter now but years down the road we can't predict our situation, legal issues with a SD etc.

InsaneCdn

Your "location" is already fairly specific.
If you ask your questions... anyone on the board from "around there" can PM you and see if its the same district... we often use PMs to share non-public details.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Its been a few years for me in dealing with the one I think you are talking about :) I finally gave it up in dealing with them, and hired a Parent Advocate.

If you want to PM me on here I will try and help

Marcie

InsaneCdn

I've noticed quite a few from "populous" areas being semi-specific. like "S. Ca." - for southern California... Others do have city, it really depends. I don't even get down to the province level on my loc... we're just too small a country, and I'm too well known!

somerset

Thanks all for your help. I think I get it now about putting things in a way that will make the post less likely to come up in a search. I have adjusted my location.:D

southermama3

I'm posting via my iPhone through a app I found in the market. Does my cell number or direct gps post (ie: like "posted from the town of Jackson") or can somebody search google with my cell number and read my posts cached in google memory? I'm very open and try to be a's specific about my life a's I can be, but I do hold a perm restraining order on my ex and he still tries to contact us either through my friends fb pages or myspace pages to get pictures etc on my family (children)
Thanks
Kel

buddy

I'm posting via my iPhone through a app I found in the market. Does my cell number or direct gps post (ie: like "posted from the town of Jackson") or can somebody search google with my cell number and read my posts cached in google memory? I'm very open and try to be a's specific about my life a's I can be, but I do hold a perm restraining order on my ex and he still tries to contact us either through my friends fb pages or myspace pages to get pictures etc on my family (children)
Thanks
Kel

Nothing shows up but it says the name you chose, what month/year you joined and how many posts. It does say you posted from iphone app. There is a profile page but it says nothing because you have entered nothing.

If you can get to a computer go to www.conductdisorders.com and sign in. you can then see the whole site easier I suspect. Can you click on the profile, settings etc. from your ipad? If you can then you might want to set up a signature like on our posts. Really I post from my android phone app several times and it makes no difference, just easier to see from a computer or ipad.

This site works to keep people anonymous due to the sensitive nature of the issues and I assume because quite often it involves minors.

No worries, only what you post will give you away.

southermama3

Ok good. I just tried on my iPad and it doesn't give me an option to edit. It's that way on my phone also. The only thing I can change is my avatar. I hope with time and me being a active member y'all will get to know me and I won't need a siggie bc a's of now I have to type it in everytime I post.

buddy

Do you have a library??? If you can take the kids on a field trip and read some books and spend some time on a 'puter, then you can just do it then, .... until then we will just have to suffer... LOL

southermama3

I will take the kids to mcdonalds indoor park my 2 yr old will have us thrown out of a library lol. I have a laptop I'm lazy and won't add wifi on my cell so I can use my lap top. I will be able to see more of the site also.