Back in an orange jumpsuit....

rejectedmom

DDD, I am so sorry to read that you are dealing with more of the disasterous consequences of life with a difficult child. Sad to say I feel I will be in the same boat as you a few months after my difficult child is released. He too will not be able to adhere to his conditions of parole for 4 years. It is sad but as you know we must detach and live our lives inspite f what they do with theirs. HUGS to you my friend. -RM

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
D3, sorry to hear the latest. Sounds like you're detaching successfully for the most part. Just want to say, I watched a most disturbing segment of 60 Minutes yesterday....Please do all you can to peck at the jailors for difficult child's medications!!!

I'm sure you will, it was you who posted the MH / Jail issue stuff.

So sorry you have to go down this road once again. (((BIG HUGS)))

Peace

DDD

He is getting his medications...finally! Whew/Phew! The P.D.'s office
sent someone to visit him today. That is really quick. The woman said the VOP was because the police brought him to the jail
"either drunk or on drugs". They didn't have him tested for drugs or have him blow the breathalizer. So...maybe...once again
it may not be valid.

I did a recap for my easy child daughter today and this is the recap.
A year ago last October he was arrested because his unoccupied
car had some Rx pills in a bottle on the back seat. A year ago
last November he got hurt and had brain surgery.

He has been arrested twice since the surgery. The lst time for
pot possession BUT there was no pot and therefore no evidence so
the charges were dropped. A VOP was filed because of those charges and the VOP was dropped because the charges were bogus.
The 2nd time the policeman lied to me, searched my car and a kid
in the back seat did have a couple of blunts. easy child/difficult child was arrested. The search was bogus. The charges were dropped. The
VOP should have been dropped but the Judge found him guilty.
That is how he became a felon...from a VOP based on dropped charges. (Adjudication had been withheld from the pills but
the VOP made him guilty of the felony.)

SO......this time they didn't charge him with a crime, took him
to jail, didn't test him and now are proceeding with a VOP.

easy child/difficult child is a messed up kid. The system seems to be at least equally as messed up. Crazy. DDD

hearthope

DDD I hear your frustration. I am so sorry. I know you feel like your hands are tied.

So many of us have the same issues. My son will be locked up. He will again be put on probation to follow rules he can not follow with his addiction.

He took the entire rap for two other people. I was so shocked and angry at him for what he did in the first place that I didn't question if the punishment was being shared between the three of them.

Hugs being sent your way,

Traci :flower:

DDD

I understand Traci. Thanks for the support.

Among the bigger issues for many of us is the loss of confidence
in "the system". As a former "card carrying conservative" it truly never occurred to me that policeman and detectives lie on a
regular basis. Until our experience and sharing with CD family
I naively believed that the world was divided between good guys
and bad guys...and that the "bad guys" were really BAD. There is
an enormous sense of loss watching the reality. People I trust
to be truthful, here in our CD family, have experienced the same
shocking realities.

by the way, easy child/difficult child called last night and told me he STILL has not been
given any anti-seizure medications. They are "on order". Geez Louise!
He said "Mama, remember, IF I start having seizures you can sue
them. I know an epileptic who didn't get medicine for four days
and his family got $75,000 because of his seizures." How sad that he would realize that he is at their mercy.

Thank heavens we have each other on the Board. It is like a safety valve that eases the building stress. DDD

gottaloveem

DDD,

So sorry easy child/difficult child is in jail. I know what an enormous stress this must be for you and the family. (and easy child/difficult child) How long is he supposed to be there?

TYLERFAN

DDD:

I am coming in late with this as it has been sheer chaos this week. I am going to post about it.
You and yours are always in my prayers. You are one strong lady!
I think about you often and I get alot of strength knowing that if DDD has been able to survive, then so can I.

Bless you my friend.

Melissa