DGD seems to be delusional and not getting better

ksm

hi ksm
what is going on? i want you to know I think about you.....
Our insurance set up a phone assessment for this Friday. They have to pre-approve residential treatment. She sounds willing to go next week, if accepted. We lost about two weeks waiting for her previous psychologist to call or schedule an appointment, as DGD thought she needed a referral. I hate that once they are ready...there seems to ge so many hoops to jump through.

She does seem to be better, mood wise, and more time spent with her son. Which might make it even harder on him if she leaves soon, based on past experiences, he will miss her for a couple of days, then seems to get over it. I try to schedule outings and activities and keep him more on a schedule than she does.

Thanks for asking. Newksm

Our insurance set up a phone assessment for this Friday. They have to pre-approve residential treatment. She sounds willing to go next week, if accepted. We lost about two weeks waiting for her previous psychologist to call or schedule an appointment, as DGD thought she needed a referral. I hate that once they are ready...there seems to ge so many hoops to jump through.

She does seem to be better, mood wise, and more time spent with her son. Which might make it even harder on him if she leaves soon, based on past experiences, he will miss her for a couple of days, then seems to get over it. I try to schedule outings and activities and keep him more on a schedule than she does.

Thanks for asking. Newksm
I feel like getting them to go into treatment is one of the hardest parts and then, once they do, there is this "race" that goes on to get them in the door before they change their mind again. Now, once my son is there, it opens up so many questions of what tomorrow looks like. I attended a nar anon family support meeting last night and just listened. It helps to be reminded to live in the day and to not let worry for our kid's future stead our present. I will pray that insurance accepts the treatment and the timing is right for her to take this big step. Hugs to you! ❤️

KTMom91

Adding in my hugs and prayers that the red tape and requirements are easily dealt with and your DGD can get the help she needs.