Howdy again...posting about my nephew this time

moonglow

Just a quick update...Kenny is being admitted to a state hospital outside of Kansas city. The hospital he saw a social worker at today couldn't admit him to theirs because somehow his medical insurance got cancelled. But I guess the state hospital will take a person whether they have insurance or not..if court ordered anyway..which this was. Kenny wasn't willing to go but because of the things Rich and mom told the social worker...threats to harm himself and others..and even making threats towards the staff if they tried to make him stay, was enough to get a court order. I don't know how they did it so quickly but two cops showed up (because of threats about doing something to the staff if they tried to make him stay), and Kenny was shocked and angry but he did manage to control himself. Though says he can escape any place they put him. He thinks he can do things he can't possibly do.

They were up there all afternoon with him too and just exhausted and mom started crying on the phone. She is really struggling to see him like this. He could be in there for at least two weeks and they will be getting him back on his medications. Hopefully Rich especially can get rested up and get over this bad cold he has now. I am hoping they can again...set him up with a therapist, medication dr, case worker too and maybe this time he won't go against them so much..especially now he has lost control of his money (his mom does have in writing that SS will not let him manage it alone anymore because he just can't). So he can't just take off to someplace and stay...unless he is willing to just live on the streets and I hope and pray it doesn't come to that for him.