I need ideas and need them fast

ksm

Do you think this guy (rehab director) is passive aggressive??

Last email...after HE mentioned a place locally...

His email...

Just let me know you decision. There is a treatment their I can set her up
in she can go and follow through there.

My response to his email that I shared earlier...

What is the contact info for the place locally? The last time I called the
place you mentioned they wouldn't take her as she is not 18...

His response...

Have her look it up, we meaning you and I need to let her deal with this
finding numbers, getting into treatment, making phone calls, and getting to
meetings. She is smart if we keep doing everything for her she will not
learn responsibility, recovery needs to come from her not us. I don't mean
that to strong, we've been working her recovery more then she has, let her
get some consequences if not this will continue on and on.

i haven't responded back. Tired of this...

I don't disagree that she should make an effort...but I spent days dealing with facilities and our insurance company to find them! And I used to work in the medical field setting up surgeries and getting them pre-certified. I am just done...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'd be leery of this program if only because the director writes so poorly. His spelling and grammar are atrocious for an individual in a position that ostensibly requires higher education.

ksm

I am tempted to email him back... I would point out that she is a minor, can not enter in to contracts, and I am the one that has to be financially responsible for any costs involved.

I will wait until the case manager can get back with me... Tired of this guy.

ksm

Sorry, Copa...I didn't see this until today. Next week we have our 3 month case management team meeting. I have been told by the case manager that we would discuss options for follow up care. I will update next week what they suggest.

Still upset with the director of the place she had been going. He had said he would give me the names of places in our county...then emailed me and said he would not give us the info... I think he mainly wants the insurance reimbursement.

Yesterday we saw her court services officer and he was disappointed with the few options for teens with substance abuse options in our county.

D c saw the nurse practitioner and a new medication was added. It is suppose to increase dopamine. We start it today. she is following rules, keeping in touch when she is out and coming home on time.

It's been more stressful with older D c home after she failed at being in the military... She hasn't spent the last 5 nights us, which was not part of the rules. We expected her to be home by 10pm Sunday to Thursday. And if she wanted to spend weekends and stay with friends she could do that Friday and Saturday. We expected her to get up during the week and hunt for jobs, check in to school/training options or volunteer. This week she was home and picked up 2 applications...maybe one hour worth of effort. She comes home, sleeps during the day, takes a two hour bath, then starts the cycle of finding some one to pick her up. And complains that she is almost 29 years old and we are treating her like 12. If it walks like a duck...

So tired of adults not wanting to adult. Gave her an ultimatum last night by text...

Sigh. 3 hours of sleep last night... Ksm

ksm

Oops...should say she is almost 20 years old... Omg...I may not be around by the time she is 29! I got three hours of sleep last night as I was so upset, couldn't turn my brain off!

Her "friend" dropped her off a little after I posted that. She said it wasn't her fault I didn't get more sleep. This is stopping today!

Ksm