Life continues ....not 100% drama free but 100% better

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

E continues to mature and grow in leaps and bounds. He is a typical messy teen boy perhaps not as mature as his 19 years more like 17 but that is the delayed development from drug use.

He had a part time job as he found it too hard to focus on school and work full time. I think he is making good decisions and had a good plan for his future. For the first time he actually has a plan for his future.

He has had several speeding tickets and we are making him accountable to deal with them. Has to learn his lesson. This is partially being a young and careless fool and also a bit of impulse control issue which we have addressed in therapy.

He has had complete psychological testing and indeed had Conduct Disorder and ADHD no Boarderline symptoms remain which I am grateful for. He had a nice girl he is dating she is a real straight arrow and goes to College.

His friends are all non party friends who are in school. He is focused on completing high school and had applied to several colleges/universities.

This year is a far cry from where we were last year and I remain grateful.

I do not get here too often but I do think of all of you. Life is busy the new Job is hectic but tonig down a bit. I still run my little medication Spa part time. The rest of my time is dealing with family.

The holidays are challenging for us, a bit lonely as I have a lot of family but we are very fractured and do not spend time with any of them. So it is just we three. We had a nice Christmas Day and enjoyable days off together.

Earlier I had a surprise 60th birthday party for hubs and it went very well. I have Planes a trip back home to England for the three of us. We leave Jan 17 for 10 days.

The best gift of the season was Dec 20th our last day in court. All of Es charges have been dropped and he will be in a diversion program for three months. He was extremely relieved to say the least. His diversion worker said he had nerver seen the number of charges my son had and particularly an adult charge be dropped and sent to diversion. He said it was all of the work and effort E had put into his rehab. What a relief. I am so happy to have that chapter closed and behind us all.

Now it’s time to focus on getting my health back. 40 pounds to lose and need to start exercising. It takes a toll on us all doesn’t it?!

I wish each and every one of you a bright and beautiful New Year!

newstart

E continues to mature and grow in leaps and bounds. He is a typical messy teen boy perhaps not as mature as his 19 years more like 17 but that is the delayed development from drug use.

He had a part time job as he found it too hard to focus on school and work full time. I think he is making good decisions and had a good plan for his future. For the first time he actually has a plan for his future.

He has had several speeding tickets and we are making him accountable to deal with them. Has to learn his lesson. This is partially being a young and careless fool and also a bit of impulse control issue which we have addressed in therapy.

He has had complete psychological testing and indeed had Conduct Disorder and ADHD no Boarderline symptoms remain which I am grateful for. He had a nice girl he is dating she is a real straight arrow and goes to College.

His friends are all non party friends who are in school. He is focused on completing high school and had applied to several colleges/universities.

I do not get here too often but I do think of all of you. Life is busy the new Job is hectic but tonig down a bit. I still run my little medication Spa part time. The rest of my time is dealing with family.

The holidays are challenging for us, a bit lonely as I have a lot of family but we are very fractured and do not spend time with any of them. So it is just we three. We had a nice Christmas Day and enjoyable days off together.

Earlier I had a surprise 60th birthday party for hubs and it went very well. I have Planes a trip back home to England for the three of us. We leave Jan 17 for 10 days.

The best gift of the season was Dec 20th our last day in court. All of Es charges have been dropped and he will be in a diversion program for three months. He was extremely relieved to say the least. His diversion worker said he had nerver seen the number of charges my son had and particularly an adult charge be dropped and sent to diversion. He said it was all of the work and effort E had put into his rehab. What a relief. I am so happy to have that chapter closed and behind us all.

Now it’s time to focus on getting my health back. 40 pounds to lose and need to start exercising. It takes a toll on us all doesn’t it?!

Littleboylost, I just said a prayer of gratitude for your good news and prayers that it will continue forever. I am just so happy your son did a turn around.. Prayers that it will stay that way and move forward in a healthy direction.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
So good to hear such a positive update LBL......you sound wonderful. Yes it is a far cry from last year, I remember it vividly.....you worked every angle to support your son and it worked.......congratulations! Happy New Year......many blessings to you.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
LBL

You have been blessed in so many ways and without your determination and strength and focus, you could be writing a different update right now.

I have continually been influenced by your dedication to your son. It's so hard to keep that going while they are hurting us so badly. I had to continually remind myself that our son was hurting himself too which in turn, hurts the momma in us.

I am so happy that you "nipped it in the bud" which gave your son a second chance. I feel that with my son also, that drugging while in adolescence is a far cry from an adult addict. Not better but just easier to bounce back from. I think that is the only thing that made a difference for us.

Looking forward to continued good news from E. There will be bumps in the road but the road is long and jagged and he is still growing up.

Hugs.

Misssy2

I'm new...so I don't know "E"s journey but it sounds like you should be very proud of him...and yourself because I'm sure there was work on both parts.

Happy New Year.