proud of myself but scared

LauraH

I've started wondering if my son's taking the pills wasn't so much a suicide attempt as a play for attention or a test of some sort for me. He took whatever psychiatric medications and Lortabs he had in his possession but I don't know what the total number of pills was. I'm thinking maybe the fact that he went straight from my home to the nearest police precinct was that it really wasn't his intention to die at all. I also know that if he was just testing me, had we called the police that night we would be the bad guy and responsible for him being Baker Acted and hospitalized, and the fact that we did not call the police still makes us the bad guy because it shows we don't care if he kills himself or not. That's typical of my son's twisted thinking and put me and now my husband (his stepdad) in one no-win situation after the other. Damned if you don, damned if you don't.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Laura

You're a caring and loving mother. Your son is a grown man. My son is a grown man.

We have raised our boys the best way that we knew how. How they choose to live is on them. Done.

Kathy813

Staff member
He is using threats of suicide as emotional blackmail. He will keep it up if it works. My daughter did it all of the time. When we stopped reacting, she stopped.