Rattled

Update: the abuse charges will once again result in an unfounded letter from CYS. We had the court hearing and told the judge we don't want her to return home.

She is thrilled because she gets to go to college for free and lives in a home where she doesn't have to do chores. (Because loading the dishwasher is infringing on her liberal rights.)

Things are going great with the other two kids still at home. They are happy and enjoying a life where they don't have to step on eggshells around their older sister.

The CYS lady told me that the wrong box got checked on their paperwork and the other two are not in jeopardy of being removed from the home. I don't believe it until I get the updated/corrected paperwork from them, but that gives me a tiny bit of hope.

The child support hearing is soon. So we will get that one taken care of and wait it out until she hits her 18th birthday.

The problem child is loving it! She is getting free everything, no responsibility, no accountability, and feels powerful. Her biggest issue at home is that she thought the world revolved around her and that she should be in control of it. No one was going to tell her what to do. So she is enjoying herself and I am fine with that. She is out from under my roof.

Now I just wait out the clock. I'm breathing a little easier.

ksm

Sounds like a win-win situation. At least you and your family can have a normal family life now.

Has the younger ones received any therapy for dealing with the previous stress?

Ksm

Catmom

Yes, whatever your oldest thinks, just let her! She may think she got over on you, and well worth it for her to think whatever bc in the whole scheme of things, your prayers have been answered. Your family can now heal. My family is going through the healing stage since my son left over 3 weeks ago. This past weekend, I apologized to my other son bc I let so much go on in our house, drama, stealing etc. Enjoy this time with your kids! And all we can do is pray for our children that seem lost in the world.