So nervous

sooooo tired

soooootired
Well I haven't seen my daughter in 5 years. But now my other daughter has started contact with her again. I know its getting close to a reconnection of some sort. When I think about all the drama and all the anxiety I use to deal with I shutter. My grandson wants to see me so bad and I do miss him. I'm just afraid letting her back in
Will open all those doors again. She manipulates me so bad. I don't know if she has changed her mental attitude or not. But not looking forward to reuniting and I feel guilty about that.

newstart

Hi soooootired. I know you miss your grandkids. Unless your daughter has had some kind of awakening or mental growth she maybe the same vile person that you had to get distance from so you could feel some kind of peace in your life.
Recently I let my bipolar/borderline sister in law back into my life after 20 years of not talking to her. I thought maybe she had matured or got better but H no. My husband, her brother warned me to not do it. She is the same arrow throwing vile person as before. Wish I had not opened that bag of worms. How could I forgive years of grief from her and think she would be better or have grown spiritually mature? Now I have more grief because of her. It will be another 20 years before I can let her in again. This last bout with her caused me to go into depression and some of my depression is aimed at myself for being so stupid to think a person like that could act decent and not cause so much turmoil.
My 39 year old daughter is borderline/bipolar, I have gone months without talking to her. When I went 3 months and not said one word to her it make her grow up a bit. She still is very difficult to deal with but not as belligerent as in the past. Her constant lying is very hard to deal with but the trade off is the belligerence is better. My daughter knows I have the strength to get space when I need it.
I hope you do not feel guilty for having your peace. I hope you listen hard to your gut and only follow what your heart tells you. Of course having a daughter back in your life in a healthy relationship is a wonderful idea but if it is nothing but horrible and abuse I hope you do not open that huge bag of worms.
Good luck with your major decision.

sooooo tired

soooootired
Hi soooootired. I know you miss your grandkids. Unless your daughter has had some kind of awakening or mental growth she maybe the same vile person that you had to get distance from so you could feel some kind of peace in your life.
Recently I let my bipolar/borderline sister in law back into my life after 20 years of not talking to her. I thought maybe she had matured or got better but H no. My husband, her brother warned me to not do it. She is the same arrow throwing vile person as before. Wish I had not opened that bag of worms. How could I forgive years of grief from her and think she would be better or have grown spiritually mature? Now I have more grief because of her. It will be another 20 years before I can let her in again. This last bout with her caused me to go into depression and some of my depression is aimed at myself for being so stupid to think a person like that could act decent and not cause so much turmoil.
My 39 year old daughter is borderline/bipolar, I have gone months without talking to her. When I went 3 months and not said one word to her it make her grow up a bit. She still is very difficult to deal with but not as belligerent as in the past. Her constant lying is very hard to deal with but the trade off is the belligerence is better. My daughter knows I have the strength to get space when I need it.
I hope you do not feel guilty for having your peace. I hope you listen hard to your gut and only follow what your heart tells you. Of course having a daughter back in your life in a healthy relationship is a wonderful idea but if it is nothing but horrible and abuse I hope you do not open that huge bag of worms.
Good luck with your major decision.
Thank you for responding.
I definitely am going to be very cautious.

BusynMember1

Hi there and welcome back.

This is tough and not cut and dried. Tbh my daughter Kay shows no signs of change so I think we are all better off without her drama. I know my husband and other adult children are happier with her gone. This is a very hard issue. It is more than just heart. It is also logic. Maybe meeting first alone and in public places is best. You do want to get to see who she is now before you take the leap. How you will be treated. There are several estranged parents sites on Facebook for feedback about these hard issues from others in our shoes.

I hope that things work out for you. Maybe real life counseling before you jump in would help you. I believe in an overflowing tool chest for the best coping.

Love and hugs

sooooo tired

soooootired
Hi there and welcome back.

This is tough and not cut and dried. Tbh my daughter Kay shows no signs of change so I think we are all better off without her drama. I know my husband and other adult children are happier with her gone. This is a very hard issue. It is more than just heart. It is also logic. Maybe meeting first alone and in public places is best. You do want to get to see who she is now before you take the leap. How you will be treated. There are several estranged parents sites on Facebook for feedback about these hard issues from others in our shoes.

I hope that things work out for you. Maybe real life counseling before you jump in would help you. I believe in an overflowing tool chest for the best coping.

Love and hugs
Thank you so much for your reply. When I think of the drama it stresses me out but part of me wants to at
Least test the waters.❤