The Weekend Woes, Again. ((sigh..))

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Chasejazz, Aug 16, 2019.

1. WiseChoices

WiseChoices Active Member

This may be too simplistic, but why not just put the letter in the mailbox for him to pick up whenever, and then going about the weekend how you chose and not responding to texts unless you want to. Just because someone messages us does not mean we have to respond.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Beta

Beta Active Member

The postal service has a way to allow homeless people to receive mail. I can't remember what it's called or how it works, but there is a way. Just call the post office or maybe the USPS website would have the info.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Copabanana

Copabanana Well-Known Member

Do you mean general delivery?

4. Chasejazz

Chasejazz Member

Going took into it bc I think it might work. Thanks.

5. Chasejazz

Chasejazz Member

That's what I just did.
    I wrapped up his mail and he left it in the mailbox.
    Hopefully, he will just grab it and go, until I will make other arrangements.

It's so odd, these hoops. Trying to avoid my own child.
    It's so late.
    I need sleep.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  6. tamarann

tamarann New Member

I’m so sorry you need to be here and I know exactly how you feel. My husband and I “left our lives” in our Airstream a year ago and I have struggled all year worrying about my boys. Finally, I am starting to REALLY let go. It’s not easy, as I am leaving one of them homeless after this visit, but I have no other choice if I want to save my own life. Keep bringing it back to you...your health, your safety, your sanity. Sometimes it helps me to imagine what I would do for my best friend of this were happening to her. Then I do that for me.

P: a

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. BusynMember

BusynMember Active Member

Tam, you are very courageous and smart. I absolutely love how you live your life and how you feel better.

We need to all follow your example.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Chasejazz

Chasejazz Member

Sunday Afternoon :
    OB came up to the porch, and ever so quietly took the envelope with his mail in it.
    I watched him through the window, he walked to his old car (at least it's still running) and he drove off.

He looked very thin. (He has a muscle disease, a form of Muscular Dystrophy.)
    From the back, he seemed lost even though I couldn't see his face. Some of you might know what I mean....

Tomorrow is Monday.
    The weekend is over.

9. Kalahou

Kalahou Active Member

I know very well.
    ... (my son turned 40 this week. It's hard to accept the seemingly lost person he is, but I try to let him be.) I'm learning that to worry about someone is to do both him and myself harm. I'm learning my involvement is destructive to him and to myself. (I'm sometimes lonely, feeling some heartache - but that is my problem to get over. )

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Albatross

Albatross Well-Known Member

I'm glad it worked out, Chasejazz. Can I call you CJ for short? :) I know those feelings of unease when my son is in the vicinity, anticipating that I might have to defend boundaries or otherwise deal with the chaos that follows in his wake. I hope you were able to get some rest and decompress.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Chasejazz

Chasejazz Member

Thank you, Albatross.
    It's just so hard.
    The smallest things, you know...?
    In my wildest dreams, I never thought it would turn out this way. Never.
    You said it exactly right.
    You knew what I was feeling.
    Thank you for that.

12. Beta

Beta Active Member

None of us thought we would be where we are today with our kids. Sometimes it's like a nightmare you just want to wake up from.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List